JPMorgan Chase Financial Reporting Associate in Boston, Massachusetts
Mutual Fund Financial Reporting Associate
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $20.5 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan delivers an extensive solution for Mutual Fund clients seeking independent administration and custody services or to outsource their day-to-day operations.
The Mutual Fund Financial Reporting Associate will:
Be responsible for the implementation and execution of SEC Modernization requirements for a team/client group of Investment Companies, specific to the SEC Form N-PORT filing. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Develop and implement internal project plan
• Develop and document controls and procedures and training materials for all requirements in connection with the SEC rules for SEC Modernization
• Be responsible for the overall management, staffing, organization and development of a team
• Interview and hire new staff for the team
• Develop training plan and execute for new staff
• Coach and develop staff including formal objective setting, performance reviews and provide ongoing and regular feedback
• Adjust department procedures and systems enhancements as necessary for SEC Modernization requirements
• Continuously identify risks, mitigate these risks and improve efficiencies of work flow streams
• Identify complex fund issues and manage the delivery of services to clients, including managing the production calendar and meeting all regulatory deadlines
• Act as the primary contact for client inquiries for reporting issues
• Provide guidance on treatment of complex financial transactions to ensure proper identification in regulatory reports specific to SEC Modernization disclosures
• Prepare/Review/Oversee the preparation and the filing of Form N-CEN and Form N-PORT for all appropriate Funds with the SEC
• Actively participate in audits across multiple departments and geographical locations and respond to internal and external inquiries
• Work with the Fund's legal counsel and outside auditors with regard to filings, examinations, and reporting as necessary
• Provide the fund's Board of Directors and Fund Management with timely, essential and accurate reporting of Fund operations as necessary
• Oversee correspondence for distribution to Fund management and Board of Directors when deemed appropriate
• Exceptional leadership and staff development skills with prior team management experience
• Excellent communication, influencing, and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and with external clients
• Strong organizational skills ideally with project and program management experience and a demonstrated track record of project delivery
• Advanced analytical skills with the ability to anticipate issues and aggressively drive initiatives to achieve results
• Ability to initiate and drive change
• Proven ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization with the ability to work under pressure and to tight timeframes
• Control focus with a thorough understanding of operational risk
• Detailed knowledge of business processes and procedures as well as service and systems (including downstream impacts)
• Strong technical understanding of the investment industry including a strong knowledge of SEC and IRS regulations and rules and GAAP Accounting standards
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the financial services industry.
• Exposure to derivatives accounting and reporting desired.
• Ability to take on the initiative to resolve complex problems
• BA/BS or equivalent experience
JPMorgan Chase & Co . offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase & Co . is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.