JPMorgan Chase Wealth Management - LATAM Client Onboarding Manager, Executive Director in Brooklyn, New York
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Wealth Management Operations supports the JPMorgan Private Bank in JP Morgan’s Asset & Wealth Management line of business. The Private Bank is the world’s premier service provider for ultra and high net worth individuals. Our goal is to help these affluent individuals across the globe optimize their wealth, after taxes and across generations. Wealth Management Operations provides end-to-end support for all aspects of the client experience, working closely with client service, fiduciary, product specialty groups, third party vendors and other internal groups.
The Private Bank LatAm Team works closely together as a unit and is characterized by its team-based approach to ensure a high level of client service The Account Opening Group (AOG) plays a critical role at the inception of new client relationships; setting the standard for ongoing execution excellence.
Private Banking Account Opening Specialists (AOS) are the primary contact for all account onboarding needs of a Private Banking client. The AOS works with bankers, investors, service professionals and operations teams to deliver a seamless and integrated experience to our clients across all Private Banking services.
The Executive Director will be responsible for all aspects of LatAm Private Bank Client Onboarding to include the fulfillment of Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) requirements as well as Account Opening. The candidate will partner with the client-facing teams to ensure all client KYC records are compliant with regulatory standards, ensure high quality and timely completion of all client-level due diligence requirements at the onset and renewal of client relationships, and manage all account opening requests. To be successful, the selected candidate must have a strong background in leadership management disciplines, relevant operations experience and people management. The candidate must have a proven track record of effective leadership relative to change management and process re-engineering.
The successful candidate will drive issue resolution, collaborate with internal stakeholders to execute consistently on deliverables and communicate status updates and strategic direction to community. They will also be accountable for building and leveraging a network of partners in the Global Wealth Management to help drive the overall success of the Client Onboarding model.
• Partnering with the client facing teams to collect required documentation to meet both KYC and Account Opening requirements to satisfy all regulatory and internal polices
• Maintain a governance and reporting structure to ensure objectives are clearly defined, deliverables are documented with associated metrics to measure output and all team members remain engaged and on track with target deadlines
• Manage and facilitate client due diligence teams, including coordinating the participation of JPMorgan stakeholders who have KYC & Account Opening responsibilities
• Serve as senior escalation point of contact for KYC & Account Opening issues for designated clients
• Serve as the senior point of contact for KYC & Account Opening due diligence teams
• Act as a subject matter resource on all Client Onboarding related policies and procedures (both Account Opening and KYC)
• Partner with the Risk & Controls team to track and execute on all open Action Plans and regularly participate in RCSA testing and implementation.
• Self-identify potential risk issues and process gaps, and proactively resolve them
• Participate in annual AML discussions with clients as needed
• Discuss and escalate with Compliance complex issues surrounding client types and structures, financial products & services, and other AML risk-related issues impacting a client’s KYC or Account Opening.
• BS/BA Degree - Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred or equivalent military experience
• Series 99 or equivalent (COE- within first 120 days)
• 7 to 10+ years of experience with in a financial services, operational or compliance fields
• Experience in Operations management with a proven track record
• Prior experience in AML/KYC and Account Opening a plus
• Ability to communicate clearly and confidently; able to influence internal and external stakeholders
• Consultative in approach, understanding and anticipating business partner needs and proactively delivering solutions.
• Ability to directly address conflicts and escalate issues where appropriate.
• Proficient with technology and systems and capable of applying knowledge to operations and understanding the overall infrastructure and business implications.
• Continuous improvement and change management mindset, questioning conventional ways of managing the business and driving change to improve processes.
• Proactive control and risk management, addressing gaps in processes and escalating issues to benefit the business and clients in a dynamic environment.
• Drives strategic and tactical plans, including automation and process reengineering initiatives, with an ability to anticipate and overcome barriers.
• Inspires and motivates others by understanding business drivers, developing and articulating the value proposition, challenging the status quo, and modeling desired behaviors and outcomes.
• Resource and talent management, aligning the right resources to clients and initiatives and allocating work efficiently. Acquires and develops talent for the organization and enables others on team to develop strong relationships.
• Oral and written fluency in English and Spanish is preferable.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.