JPMorgan Chase JPMorgan Securities - Supervisory Manager - Vice President - Clayton, MO in Clayton Missouri United States
JPMorgan Securities - Supervisory Manager - Vice President - Clayton, MO-140050595
At JPMorgan Securities "JPMS" we have been helping high-net-worth individuals and families build and manage their wealth for more than 50 years. Led by an exclusive group of Investment Professionals throughout the United States, JPMorgan Securities offers clients a broad suite of transactional, wealth management and investment advisory services. Our Investment Professionals-among the most experienced and creative in the industry-excel at leveraging the vast resources of one of the world's leading global financial institutions on behalf of our clients.
The Supervisory Manager (SM) is responsible for all aspects of sales supervision and risk review for their assigned regions/teams. The SM coordinates and works closely with Risk Control, Compliance and Legal on issues that arise in the regional teams. Supervisory responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Risk oversight over investment activities of registered and non-registered employees of JPMS
- Independent review of middle markets institutional and retail customer account activity, sales practices, documents, marketing material and customers' statements to ensure compliance with various regulatory and legal requirements.
- Monitor the trading practices of Advisors with respect to regulatory requirements and internal policy.
- Assist in the on/off boarding of JPMS staff.
*Client issues: *
- Review client inquiries, issues, and complaints. Complete a thorough investigation and provide resolution. The SM involves Compliance, Legal, Portfolio Management Risk Management & Control along with Senior Management in the process of reaching an appropriate resolution.
- Serve as point of contact for resolution of any questions or issues that may occur during the course of a business day. Must be able to provide clear, concise, and timely resolution to these issues as they arise.
Education and training:
- Responsible for providing policy and procedural training to new employees, assist with continuing education requirements and provide special training as warranted on specific topics. Assist Compliance in the dissemination of information relating to changes in policy and regulatory rules. Discuss Compliance and new product lines with sales personnel.
- The SM is the main point contact for internal examinations conducted by Compliance and Internal Audit. Responsibilities include representing management in demonstrating adherence to internal policies and procedures, as well as providing all necessary documentation in accordance with internal examiners' requests.
Review of correspondence (including marketing materials); review of incoming and outgoing correspondence (print, fax, e-mail):
- Approval of all new accounts and account updates.
- Suitability pre-review of transactions: Approve new accounts and provide guidance on OTC derivative transactions. Pre-trade product review (including document and authorities review) for certain Foreign and local securities, New Issue and Secondary Issuance of Equities, and Rule 144.
- Pre-approve clients for Hedge Funds and Private Investments. Review client suitability and complete suitability checklist as appropriate.
- Responsible for resolving order errors. This includes identifying circumstances, taking market action when necessary to resolve the error, and completing the error reporting. The SM will assign responsibility for errors as necessary.
- Review of trade blotter: Responsible for review of daily trade summary.
- Client account reviews: Complete client reviews as outlined by Compliance procedures; follow up on issues or make client contact appropriate and maintain records of the review process.
Personal Trading and Outside business activities:
- Confirm that written consent of the Office of the Secretary is obtained before employees engage in outside speaking engagements; approve lectures or interviews prior to activity and maintain a log of the activity. Approve personal securities transactions for regional employees as required by firm policy. Review and resolve personal trading policy violations with Compliance and Regional Director as required.
- Strong interpersonal communication and management skills are required.
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements and best practices within the brokerage environment.
- Strong organization and follow up skills. Ability to work well on an integrated team.
- Comfortable making decisions independently and dealing with conflict in high stress situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel within J. P. Morgan Securities.
- Able to provide supervisory coverage across regional teams as needed.
- Requires 7-10 years experience/skills as a Supervisory Manager with a Brokerage or Wealth Management firm
- Experienced manager with proven ability to effectively manage team members
- Proven ability to get organized and able to multi-task effectively with strong decision-making skills
- Team-oriented and able to interact effectively with various functions including investment professionals, marketing, risk, legal, compliance, technology and operations team members
- BA/BS required
- Series 7, Series 63, Series 8 (9&10), 24
- *If hired, you will be required to pass Series 4 within three months of start date. *
JPMorgan Chase offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
Primary Location: US-MO-Clayton-Shaw Park Plaza (BSC) / 41024
Organization: ASSET MANAGEMENT
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Corporate Brand: J.P. Morgan
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time