JPMorgan Chase Consumer & Community Banking - Oversight & Control - Control Officer Senior Associate in Columbus, Ohio
Control Officer Sr. Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
Consumer & Community Banking, the firm’s largest Line of Business, serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services including: personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, merchant payments and auto financing. JPMorgan Chase & Co. continues to make investments aimed at increasing Consumer & Community Banking’s position in the marketplace.
Consumer & Community Banking offers an intriguing array of career opportunities within its well-established business units and support functions. Consumer & Community Banking’s unwavering commitment to attract, train, develop, and retain the best talent is on constant display within its highly-visible Oversight & Control organization. Oversight & Control’s primary focus is to ensure Consumer & Community Banking has a sustainable end-to-end control environment that identifies, escalates, addresses, and mitigates issues in a timely manner. The Oversight & Control Team collaborates with business partners, including Compliance, Risk Management, Legal, and Audit, to decrease Consumer & Community Banking’s exposure to financial loss, compliance issues, and/or reputational risk. Due to Oversight & Control’s unique position within Consumer & Community Banking, Control associates are primed to explore career paths that expand across the firm.
The Control Officer Sr. Associate will independently focus on evaluating and performing an end-to-end analysis of the business’ risk and control environment. The Senior Associate will ensure that controls are properly designed, operating effectively, and essential to Consumer & Community Banking’s risk mitigation efforts. The Senior Associate’s analyses will be used to guide Consumer & Community Banking’s business units toward a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols. The role will partner with peers and multiple levels of management to develop, implement, and strengthen Consumer & Community Banking’s risk-based practices, procedures, and systems. The Senior Associate will assist the Controls Officer Manager in performing these duties and provide guidance as appropriate. The Senior Associate will assist with special projects as needed.
· Support the strategic plan and culture of risk and compliance through the enhancement and execution by monitoring, validating and documenting deliverables of the Risk Control Self-Assessment (“RCSA”) program
· Assist with development of RCSA mapping and documentations through participation in end-to-end process walkthroughs and deep dives with assigned business units
· Support the line of business through ongoing testing and monitoring of controls
· Develop and execute robust control test scripts designed to identify control weaknesses, determine root causes, and recommend solutions
· Identify issues and control improvements for remediation, while assisting in building out action plans and milestones
· Create and maintain collaborative relationships with our control teams, business partners and support partners
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
· 5-7 years experience in financial services industry with background in controls, audit, quality assurance, risk management, or compliance required; or equivalent subject matter expertise in a relevant business related function/operation required
· Extensive working knowledge of control and risk management concepts with the ability to evaluate the adequacy of the business control environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) required and data analytics preferred using Excel, Access, ACL
· Strong understanding of internal control and risk management concepts with the ability to evaluate the adequacy of the control environment
· Proficient in developing and executing test scripts to evaluate the adequacy of the control environment
· Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills; able to synthesize large amounts of data and formulate appropriate conclusions
· Ability to lead discussions related to the control environment and any risk mitigation steps necessary to resolve a control break, failure or gap
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to articulate the control evaluation results in a meaningful and actionable manner
· Solid critical thinking and analytical skills with strong attention to detail
· Ability to work with minimal supervision, self-motivated with a high level of personal initiative, ownership, and accountability
· Strong interpersonal skills; exceptional collaboration and relationship building skills
· Flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment with limited to moderate supervision
· Estimated Travel: Approximately 20% - 30%
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.