JPMorgan Chase Web Services Business Analyst in Columbus, Ohio
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
Business Analyst Responsibilities:
• Serve as liaison between the Technology build team and business stakeholders utilizing agile techniques.
• Responsible for technical documentation of middleware web services and data mapping specifications, working with the business to analyze their business requirements and in return, providing technical expertise and producing technical requirements for application additions, changes and modifications
• Assisting the stakeholders in evaluating priorities, advising business partners on options, risks, and pros/cons of various solutions
• Assist the business in identifying, assessing, and documenting business requirements
• Perform middleware web service analysis, data mapping, including examination of WSDL, XML and APIs
• Understand the context in which middleware web services are used within the business applications and match business requirements to the sources of data within systems
• Develop detailed user stories to explain functional specifications to technology teams
• Document test strategies ensuring that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test scripts, and ensure that the proper testing plans have been completed
• Work with other analyst and the technology, build-development team to design solutions for clients
• Help analyze impact of proposed solutions across shared services technology
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Company, you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Company we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies around the world, we want to meet you.
BS degree (or equivalent work experience) in Information Technology(IT), Business/Finance or related discipline.• 3+ years in financialservices, banking is preferred.
5-7 plus years experience as Business Analyst
Experience in performing middleware web service analysis, data mapping, including examination of WSDL, XML and APIs
Must understand the contextin which middleware web services are used within the businessapplications and match business requirements to the sources of datawithin system
Ability to develop detailed user stories to explain functional specifications to technology teams
Experience in documenting teststrategies ensuring that requirements documentation can be easilytranslated into test scripts, and ensure that the proper testing planshave been completed
3+ years experience in a leadership role that involved to mentoring, coaching, training and guiding.
Experience interacting with all levels of management
Proficient in multiple business disciplines/functions.
Excellentinterpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with all levels ofthe organization and geographically distributed teams includingoffshore.
Demonstratedability to work as a team player; leading the group to developalternative solutions to complex problems, thinking outside the box,encouraging group consensus and recommending the best solution.
Detail oriented with strong organization skills, presentation skills, problem solving and decision making abilities.
Skillful with scenario-based analysis and agile design techniques.
Extensive project and program experience with a proven record of delivery.
Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
Strong ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize work efforts.
Proficiency in Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Powerpoint is required
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.