JPMorgan Chase Consumer & Community Banking - Oversight & Control - Control Officer Manager - Vice President in Fort Worth, Texas
CCB Control Officer Manager
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
Consumer & Community Banking, the firm’s largest Line of Business, serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services including: personal banking, small business lending, mortgages, credit cards, merchant payments and auto financing. JPMorgan Chase & Co. continues to make investments aimed at increasing Consumer & Community Banking’s position in the marketplace.
Consumer & Community Banking offers an intriguing array of career opportunities within its well-established business units and support functions. Consumer & Community Banking’s unwavering commitment to attract, train, develop, and retain the best talent is on constant display within its highly-visible Oversight & Control organization. Oversight & Control’s primary focus is to ensure Consumer & Community Banking has a sustainable end-to-end control environment that identifies, escalates, addresses, and mitigates issues in a timely manner. The Oversight & Control Team collaborates with business partners, including Compliance, Risk Management, Legal, and Audit, to decrease Consumer & Community Banking’s exposure to financial loss, compliance issues, and/or reputational risk. Due to Oversight & Control’s unique position within Consumer & Community Banking, Control associates are primed to explore career paths that expand across the firm.
The Control Officer Manager supports Consumer & Community Banking’s Risk and Control Self-Assessment Program Team, which provides leadership and guidance to the business units and functions in the annual review of risk and controls, by ensuring risks are assessed and new controls are identified, evaluated, implemented, and tested. The role focuses on the administration and execution of the Risk and Control Self-Assessment program, ensuring controls are properly designed, operating effectively, and essential to the Line of Business’ risk mitigation efforts. The Control Officer Manager will guide the business toward a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols. The successful execution of responsibilities requires the ability to influence outcomes, partner, and effectively communicate across Consumer & Community Banking’s control teams, business units, and support functions.
· Manage and motivate a team in executing the Risk and Control Self-Assessment Program to reduce financial loss, regulatory exposure, and reputational risk
· Lead business partners toward a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols
· Demonstrate confident leadership and sound judgment to influence a strong risk management culture across business practices
· Drive collaboration through effective partnership across Compliance, Risk Management, Legal, Technology and Audit teams
· Promote a sustainable end-to-end control environment that identifies, escalates, addresses, and mitigates issues in a timely manner
· Perform ongoing analysis of program related data and develops ad-hoc reports as requested to support business related programs and strategies
· Influence business practices, key priorities, strategic decisions, policies, internal controls and standards
· Provide ongoing feedback and training on the Risk and Control Self-Assessment Program and process to drive consistency across business units and support functions
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years of financial service experience in controls, audit, quality assurance, risk management, or compliance preferred
· Proficient knowledge of control and risk management concepts with the ability to design, create and evaluate a Risk and Control Self-Assessment in conjunction with business partners
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and the ability to develop compelling and meaningful executive presentations that will drive opportunities / recommendation for improvement
· Demonstrate confident leadership and sound judgment to influence a strong culture and risk management
· Proven manager who can train and develop employees on risk concepts and the application to risk and control evaluation
· Proficient ability to identify, remediate, report inconsistencies, redundancies and control deficiencies through management of the Risk and Control Self-Assessment Program
· Drive the Risk and Control Self-Assessment Program while collaborating with business partners
· Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills; able to synthesize large amounts of data and formulate appropriate conclusions
· Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional relationship building and influencing skills and ability to effectively partner with all levels of management across numerous teams to help drive the control agenda
· Strong ability to articulate the control evaluation results in a meaningful and actionable manner
· Exceptional collaboration, customer focused and relationship building skills
· Flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; able to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
· Estimated Travel: Approximately 20% - 30%
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.