JPMorgan Chase Cloud Services Pipeline Engineer in Jersey City, New Jersey
JPMorgan Chase is one of the oldest financial institutions in the United States. With a history dating back over 200 years, here's where we stand today:
· We are a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion.
· We operate in more than 60 countries.
· We have 260,000 employees.
· We serve millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
· We are a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
Global Technology’s Cloud Transformation Program defines and implements JPMorgan Chase’s enterprise cloud strategy. This strategy enables a shift from specialized, dedicated infrastructure to elastic, self provisioned public and private cloud infrastructure. The Cloud Pipeline team partners with the Lines of Business (LoBs) to identify workloads to migrate to cloud, ensures that the roadmap of cloud capabilities supports these workloads, facilitates the migration and quantifies the benefits realized from migration.
The Cloud Services Pipeline Engineer will have deep technical skills in cloud computing to assist and advise internal clients with finding and identifying workloads to move to the cloud.
Key Responsibilities Include:
· Delivering tools, processes and support to assist the LoBs in identifying target workloads for cloud migration and estimating the costs and benefits of migration
· Working with LoB and cloud architecture teams to derive cloud capability requirements for target workloads in line with existing capabilities, planned capabilities and architectural strategies
· Identifying and resolving thematic technical challenges which hinder migration at scale
· Assisting LoBs to identify any technical debt being incurred as a result of accelerated migration, and propose resolutions
· Where actual migration costs are higher - or benefits are lower - than expected , determining root causes and remediation actions
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
· Essential: Experience implementing cloud technologies (public or private, IaaS/PaaS) required
· Experience working within a large global organization in an engineering-related capacity
· Strong negotiating skills, comfortable challenging assertions and able to overcome obstacles and resistance
· Functional architecture and SDLC skills
Sr Strong business analysis / analytical skills & numeracy
· Good conceptual and problem-solving skills
· Experience working with frameworks and articulating requirements and actions in the context of these
· Solid grasp of basic project management (tasks, dependencies, effort vs. duration)
· Experience developing and presenting concepts, plans and status to senior managers and technical staff
· Experience building and managing relationships with complex networks of stakeholders
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.