JPMorgan Chase Corporate Functions- Auditor in New York, New York
The JP Morgan Chase Audit Department provides the Board of Directors, senior management and regulators with independent assurance that internal controls are operating effectively. The JP Morgan Chase Audit Department is accountable to the Audit and Examining Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman, senior management and our global and local regulators. Audit works closely with the Lines of Business (LOBs) and their support functions to achieve its mission through a comprehensive audit program. The department is respected throughout the firm for the caliber of the staff and their ability to add value beyond the audit opinion. The Global Audit Department has in excess of 900 auditors.
The Corporate Risk Audit Team is primarily responsible to assess the adequacy of the control environment across the firm's risk organization (Credit, Country, Market, Operational, Model, etc.). This is achieved through a comprehensive program of audit coverage that is executed by a global team of integrated business and technology specialists.
Audit Manager position based in London with the Corporate Risk Audit Team. The Corporate Risk Audit Team is primarily responsible for assessing the control environment supporting the firm's Risk organization. This is achieved through a comprehensive program of audit coverage that is executed by a global team of business and technology specialists including Risk Management & Operations, model methodologies primarily around Credit Risk but also Operational, Reputation and Country Risk.
This individual will be responsible for maintaining relationships with and providing control related advice to senior business stakeholders within Risk. This role will include execution of the program of Credit, Country, Operational and Reputational Audit coverage for both the Investment Bank and Corporate Risk as well as working with the Corporate team on Basel and ICAAP audits. The audit manager will also be responsible for planning, execution and documentation of the results of their work for audits conducted.
The Audit Manager must be a mature and experienced professional who possesses outstanding leadership skills, strong relationship management capabilities and knowledge of derivatives and traditional credit products. Experience in the assessment of controls related to Basel III Internal Model Methodology approaches, Stress Testing, Country Risk, Operational Risk. This position requires an individual who can actively partner with global and regional business and technology management, colleagues. The position also involves assessing aspects related to Market Risk and Model Risk. As such, it is expected a fluid interaction with Audit colleagues dedicated to Model Validation and Market Risk controls as well as LOB auditors.
As a member of the Risk Audit Team in London you will be expected to contribute to the design and implement the audit program of coverage which involves effective risk assessment and design of a risk coverage approach. You will be responsible for specific businesses and for executing the corresponding audit plan, for senior client relationships and for monitoring and influencing ongoing business projects throughout the year.
· Lead all aspects of audit activities including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, report drafting, work paper documentation, follow up and track management's corrective actions in response to control findings and verification of issue closure.
· Work with global line of business auditors in the early identification of emerging control issues and reporting them to line of business and audit management
· Partner with other groups within Audit (Investment Bank, Commercial Bank, Consumer Bank, Asset Management, Technology, etc.) to ensure the delivery of a seamless program of audit coverage across JPMorgan Chase
· Disseminate best practice and lessons learned to colleagues and clients.
· Identify and follow up on specific audit issues and ensure appropriate involvement with significant development efforts or projects. In this capacity members of the team are often asked to join the steering or program control committee's of major projects to provide continuous feedback on control issues or compliance with best practice standards.
· Build effective contacts and relationships with client management and colleagues through effective teamwork and innovating thinking.
· Stay up to date with evolving regulatory, industry and market events impacting the firm's risk organization.
· Establish a business climate and culture that encourages integrity, respect, excellence and innovation
· Some travel may be required.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related quantitative discipline.
· Extensive of experience in a Financial Services firm or in public accounting, with an appropriate level of exposure to and involvement with Risk management particularly Credit Risk. Knowledge of Operational and Country Risk is considered a plus.
· Ability to run audits, manage projects and participate in audit assignments in a team environment.
· Experience in risk analysis, report preparation, risk assessment, issue/impact analysis and executive report preparation required.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required with ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management.
· Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal risk.
· Works well individually and in teams, shares information, supports colleagues and encourages participation.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.