JPMorgan Chase Corporate Risk - Risk Governance - Associate in New York, New York
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
Risk Management, under the direction of the firm’s CRO, provides a firmwide independent function for the management of risk. This function provides oversight of the risks inherent in the firm’s business. One of the firm’s top priorities continues to be strengthening its risk and control environment. The Finance & Risk CFO organization complements this mission by providing a stringent governance and control framework, as well as strategic business support across Finance, Risk and Technology.
The Risk Governance & Planning group reports to the firm's Chief Financial Officer of Finance and Risk and Firmwide Risk Executive for Operational Risk, and is responsible for enhancing and managing the Risk Governance framework at the Firm. This includes driving the timely delivery of all Risk governance related materials, agendas and content, and support any new requirement driven by the Regulators, Board of Directors and Executive Management.
Support end-to-end management of Executive Management and Risk Board of Directors reporting; support firmwide and regulatory reporting requirements
Support Senior Risk Management Governance committees, including coordinating agendas and materials
Ensure consistency in best practices, identify gaps, provide recommendations and execute them
Provide ad hoc analytics related to Risk Governance to support Senior Risk Management executives as appropriate and work closely with LOBs and Corporate functions partners
Monitor compliance with Firm & Risk policies as it relates to the requirements of the risk committees
Drive performance improvement through improved end-to-end process design; implement robust quality assurance checks and controls through the processes
A team of this high-profile nature and fast-paced delivery will always have fire drills. Manage the fire drills with senior executives.
Develop relationships across Risk Management and lines of business
· 3-5 years’ experience preferably in the financial industry with a focus on risk management / regulatory management
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), team oriented who can work well and build partnerships with colleagues of various levels, across the different lines of business/functions
· Experience in analyzing and transforming scattered information into a form that is understandable and conveys strategic messages
· Superior attention to detail and process management
· Excellent organizational, assessment and leadership skills
· Must be comfortable with changing and competing priorities and be able to deliver flawlessly across multiple projects and demands
· Self-motivated individual that demonstrates initiative with proven flexibility, adaptability and reliability, and high energy level
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
· Strategy and markets knowledge and experience is a plus
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.