JPMorgan Chase Corporate Finance - Finance & Risk CFO Operations - Control VP in Newark, Delaware
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
Finance and Risk CFO Operations is a global center of excellence providing operations support across Finance and Risk to ensure timeliness, accuracy and completeness of data with best-in-class toolsets. Finance and Risk CFO Operations provides one Stop shop for monitoring and management of data providing transparency into data completeness and accuracy as well as a single point of contact for data related issues.
The Control Lead will manage the Oversight & Controls Team across Finance & Risk CFO Operations. The individual will be responsible for ensuring effective implementation of Business Controls, Governance and Oversight of Control initiatives and management of Control Standards. Specifically, this position collaborates and partners with various levels of staff and management globally, as well as Corporate ORM globally.
Drive the end-to-end RCSA (Risk Control Self Assessment) process which focuses on risk identification through process mapping and evaluation of related controls.
Lead process reviews to identify, addressing and tracking remediation of all risk issues.
Manage the process to conduct proactive audits to target specific and high risk processes or functions, reviews procedures, controls and testing.
Ensure verification of accuracy of controls and ensures compliance with processes, policies and procedures and identifying control gaps and improving controls.
Drive control review findings to process owners for correction and assists process owners with the development of action plans to address significant process or control gaps.
Manage the execution of controls testing scoping, planning, execution, and reporting for defined end-to-end operations processes and functions.
Manage the execution on ORM activities as defined by the Corporate ORM agenda.
Ensure all ORM tools (i.e. FORCE, UWAT) are maintained and updated.
Manage execution of end-to-end Business Resiliency ensuring stable environment.
Lead the monthly Control Forum calls with the extended management team.
Provide sound advice and guidance to add value and address problems.
Execute strategic initiatives and projects as needed (e.g. controls around models, User Tools, etc.).
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
· 5+ years of financial services experience with a focus on Controls
· 3+ years of experience managing teams
· Proven experience with operational risk analysis, process improvement, end-to-end process reviews and process flow mapping.
· Experience executing deep dive reviews to identify process and control gaps and identify the root cause of issues to ensure appropriate controls are enhanced or implemented to prevent reoccurrence.
· Ability to identify and assess impact of proposed product, operational and technology/infrastructure changes on the overall control environment
· Solid understanding of internal control concepts with the ability to evaluate and determine the adequacy of controls.
· High level of professionalism and self-motivation.
· Effective communication skills, both written and verbal. Communicate clearly and persuasively with colleagues and stakeholders across a variety of levels.
· Well organized and detail-oriented.
· Ability to effectively influence peers and business partners to achieve objectives.
· Foster partnerships all stakeholders, both internal and external.
· Experience working and managing within Phoenix a plus.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.