JPMorgan Chase Wealth Management, Cash Ops Quality and Control, Associate in Newark, Delaware
About JP Morgan Asset & Wealth Management
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Wealth Management Operations supports the JPMorgan Private Bank in JP Morgan’s Asset & Wealth Management line of business. The Private Bank is the world’s premier service provider for ultra and high net worth individuals. Our goal is to help these affluent individuals across the globe optimize their wealth, after taxes and across generations. Wealth Management Operations provides end-to-end support for all aspects of the client experience, working closely with client service, fiduciary, product specialty groups, third party vendors and other internal groups.
Wealth Management Operations is currently looking to hire a qualified candidate to fill an open position within the Quality and Control team within Cash Operations at the officer/Associate level. This position provides quality, risk management, and control support within various teams within Cash Operations; including Cash Investigations, Service Support/LogFax, Bill Pay, Transaction Processing, and Journal. A successful candidate will facilitate and/or oversee:
• Functional Transfer reviews within Cash Operations.
• Business Resiliency/Disaster Recovery: Assist with preparation/maintenance of BRP/DR documentation, coordination, testing, and tracking of critical dates.
• Control Self Assessments (CSA): Assist with the coordination of CSA testing and Quality & Control review of testing performed with appropriate feedback provided.
• Coordination of new hire data and control discussions
• Monitor General Ledger and House Accounts owned by Cash Operations to ensure teams are clearing breaks timely.
• MIS Data Analysis and Reporting: Analyze data to ensure teams are reporting proper statistics. Offer suggestions and improvements on MIS reporting.
• Ability to perform end to end reviews and offer suggestions to streamline and identify opportunities for process improvements.
• Regulatory Testing: Ensure team systemic and manual regulatory controls are working accordingly and no defects identified.
Control Mindset with the ability to proactively identify potential gaps in processes
Detail oriented demonstrating a professional concern for quality and control
Strong initiative, analytical and problem solving skills
Independent and self motivated
Knowledge of Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSA) preferred
Cash Operations knowledge a plus (wires/checks/ach)
Ability to understand Regulatory requirements impacting Cash Operations
Solid aptitude with Microsoft Suite (Excel intermediate to advance preferred)
Ability to multi-task and manage multiple completing priorities
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong relationship building skills with the ability to influence at all levels
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.