JPMorgan Chase Consumer and Community Bank Finance, Card Portfolio Marketing Investment Lead, Vice President in Wilmington, Delaware
Chase is a leader in the financial services industry, providing banking, mortgages, credit cards, loans, payment processing and investment services to 50 million customers - 1 out of every 6 Americans. As a division of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM), While we operate across a broad range of businesses, our mission at Chase is quite simple: to be the industry leader in customer service. Our employees put the firm's resources to work every day for our customers. Chase offers a dynamic environment and the training and support to meet your full potential. Our company is widely recognized as a great place to work, to grow and to invest for the future. Join our team.
The portfolio marketing investment team is seeking a highly motivated critical thinker with an interest in analyzing and influencing Credit Card marketing spend in order to maximize and drive profitability. In this position, the candidate would lead the portfolio marketing investment decision process within Credit Card, evaluate and prioritize marketing programs across all products, and interface with business and finance leaders to determine the optimal investments that drive customer engagements and satisfaction.
In this role you will be required to:
· Manage portfolio marketing valuation across all Credit Card products
· Evaluate marketing investment at a program and campaign level
· Identify efficiencies across portfolios and prioritize investment types
· Create post implementation tracking for marketing investment
· Proactively recommend ways to better our forecasting and profitably expand our business
· Participate in the budgeting processes
· Partner effectively with Marketing, Operations, Finance, and Risk to make decisions that maximize revenue as well as the customer experience
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Minimum 5-8 years experience in an analytical role
· Prior Credit Card industry knowledge
· Proficiency in MS Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience leading projects or initiatives
· Ability to manage relationships an communicate with all levels of the organization
· Capable of working in a dynamic environment and managing multiple projects with tight timelines
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.