JPMorgan Chase Operations Risk/Control Analyst in Boston, Massachusetts
"Hiring Manager: Please enter LOB details and job specific description below."
The Operations Risk/Control Management job family includes roles related to the management of operational risk within the firm-wide control environment.
As an Operations Risk/Control Analyst you will:
Supports the Operations Risk M
Operations Control Management Department Description:
· The Operations Control Management (OCM) office is a key function for Operations in the current environment and to meet the increasing demands from the business and regulators, the role has continued to evolve. The focus of the role is now on ownership, enhancement and execution of the controls and is becoming more closely aligned with the operations management function.
· OCM is responsible for the oversight of the Control Environment for the Operations functions that support the business. OCM works in partnership with the BCO to provide the business with a comprehensive view of control risk
· Focus includes:
o Acting as trusted Operations control advisors and as a first line of defense with Operations on the control agenda.
o Representing Operations interests vis-a-vis control/regulatory initiatives.
o Executing and implementing Operations control priorities and strategy.
o Leading Operations supervisory management and execution.
o Managing control and risk governance implementation and reporting.
o Driving risk mitigation and control remediation programs across the business.
Governance and Oversight
· Responsible for governance of controls across all CIB Operations functions. Partners with BCO to implement COR standards, design & implement CIB specific framework
· Chairs Operations metric review meetings and manages Operations error and event escalations to the appropriate committee and/or forum
· Participate in control meetings to provide view on Operations control risks and issues
· Participate in Keys Committee to provide (through consensus) Operations approval.
· Facilitates review and sign off for Operations attestations
Regulatory & Audit Management
· Works in partnership with the BCO to coordinate responses to and advise on regulatory inquiries and exams
· Supports the BCO with the remediation post exam and coordination of the administrative aspects of issue and action plan management
· Focus on themes, underlying patterns and opportunities for Operations to proactively address concerns and avoid future Regulatory actions
· OCMs should be familiar to of the regulatory obligations for their coverage area operational activities in order to assess the effectiveness of the controls designed to ensure compliance with those obligations.
· Partners with Legal and Compliance to confirm impacts from regulations and ensures proper implementation.
· Partners with Operations to prepare for audit / compliance testing. Coordinate responses and drive required remediation actions (incl. sustainability)
· Supports the Central Controls Office with the coordination of consistent business messaging (exams and non-exams) and alignment with global and corporate initiatives
Risk Identification and Assessments
· Provides oversight and review of Operations errors in accordance with the Corporate Operational Risk Event Standards and manages escalation to the relevant control committee
· Review and evaluation of emerging risks & Internal / External event review
· Responsible for execution of the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA)
· SOX testing and SOC1 delivery
Policy and Procedures
· Support the implementation of Corporate owned Policies, with specific focus on the design of Operations controls required to comply with the policy.
· Oversee the implementation of Operations owned Policies and Standards. Lead the definition and implementation of enhanced controls required to fulfil regulatory commitments and evidence sustainability
· Oversee the development and implementation of procedures which describe process, controls and governance for all policies and standards which impact CIB Operations
· Partner with Legal and Compliance to review, refine and enhance policy prior to publication
Training and Awareness
· Input and co-ordination in executing training
· Monitor compliance with mandatory training requirements across Operations
· Monitor and oversee timely closure of Operations issues and action plans
· Perform deep dives to determine root causes, initiate thematic reviews, review metric/trends, and remediation actions
· Responsible for periodic health checks to ensure ongoing adherence to policies and standards. Where appropriate oversee remediation of issues
· Supports the Central Controls Office with the coordination and execution of Global Control Projects and Programs
▪ Monitoring of the control environment surrounding all technical, financial and operations process
▪ Supporting the self-assessments and the risk event process
▪ Monitoring risk through reviews of key incidences and root cause analysis
▪ Gathering data for root cause analysis
▪ Identifying business risk issues and recommending solutions
Qualifications / Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree.
· Previous relevant risk and control experience.
· Previous relevant business and product knowledge.
· A strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
· Ability to produce clear, concise, relevant and accurate documentation.
· Strong analytical skills with complementary communications and presentation skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
· Drives results through leadership, people, communication and influence.
· Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict and informed risk taking.
· Able to manage and deliver on multiple streams of work concurrently.
· Willingness to make decisions, while ensuring buy in from stakeholders.
· Ability to challenge and influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective.
· A relevant professional qualification is desirable; ACA or IIA for example or external audit experience in the investment management audit practice of an accounting firm
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.