JPMorgan Chase Asset & Wealth Management Chief Data Office, Sr. Business Analyst- VP in Brooklyn, New York
JP Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.3 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. We serve millions of U.S. consumers and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. We are a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. With assets under supervision of $2.0 trillion and assets under management of $1.4 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
Availability of high quality data to support our businesses meet clients’ needs is critical and strategic priority for Asset & Wealth. The Chief Data Office at https://portal.jpmchase.net/sites/am/Global News/Pages/Dessa-Glasser-appointed-AM-Chief-Data-Officer.aspx (CDO) was established in 2014 to define AWM's data strategy and support for the core data used across AWM and needed to run our business, such as client data, reference data, product data, securities and pricing data, transactions and holdings, and index & benchmark data. The AWM CDO is positioned in the Asset & Wealth Management Operations division, within AWM Center. We work with the AWM businesses and Firmwide CDO to analyze data, ensure data governance and data quality standards are in place, look for efficiencies in business processes and associated market and reference data costs, and work with our technology partners to implement solutions.
The Business Analyst will be based in Brooklyn, New York; it’s intended to fulfill a critical role within the Instrument & Pricing Data Domain including leading the requirement documentation to support the integration of FW instrument system of record and the adoption by AWM business applications. The incumbent will be a key link between program management and RDT tech teams on FW side and CCA tech, business stakeholders and their respective tech teams on AWM side. The analysis work will focus on business requirement documentation including the identification of gaps and differences in data in sources systems vs. targets. Understanding of current state i.e. legacy sources and distribution hubs in AWM as well as, the understanding of the data in FW systems of records are key to success of the integration and adoption efforts. The underlying value proposition is to provide access to high quality data, accurate, complete, consistent and timely produced by FW utilities.
The assignment requires a significant experience and domain knowledge of securities reference data covering all asset classes, mastering concepts and data usage in downstream consuming systems. The analysis work will be performed under an ecosystem of systems platform that include iLite, Omni, Olympic, Panda, Manta, EDPI, GIM, Puma and an number of business application hubs including InfoHub, Eagle, DaVinci, Jaffa, Sentinel, Newton, Sparta, Spectrum, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Define Perform gap analysis between data FW sources of records and AM legacy data source; recommend resolutions for differences based on current business requirements.
· Build under pre requisite baseline of both AM and WM products and business knowledge
· Define and manage requirements to support adoption of instrument data via EDPI,
· Gather and analyze requirements to support adoption of instrument data via EDPI sources, and help to implement data quality standards and processes
· Define integration requirements with AWM sourced and derived data
· Engage business users including FO trading desks, compliance, risk, finance and aligned technology teams and collaborate on a development of an adoption roadmap
· Document and track project reporting metrics and scorecards
· Lead and participate project and program related working group and meetings e.g. cross-business stakeholders meetings, L2 firmwide WGs.
· Chief Data Officer
· Data Governance Lead
· Chief Information Architect
· Technology Leads and teams
· Operations partners AWM and FW
· Line of Business participants
· Data Domain Leads
· Data Domain Stewards
· Extended Technology partners and teams
· Finance, Risk & Compliance partners and teams
· Minimum of 8 years of experience in a major financial services organization, with data project management experience e.g. business analysis and Data/system migration projects
· Deep knowledge of data domains (Including Securities, Party & Product data needed by an asset & wealth management organization.
· Strong Knowledge of best practices for Business Requirements Documents (BRD’s)
· Proven ability to translate requirements into data modelling, adhering to firm-wide architectural standards, such as logical to physical data modelling
· Thorough understanding of the financial services industry and businesses e.g., buy side/Sell side as well as related operations and technology functions
· Awareness of data related industry regulatory requirements
· Background in data management practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and data quality framework
· Bachelor in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, MIS, or Information Management or equivalent
· Strong personal and professional integrity, and strong work ethics
· Strong business analysis skills
· Strong securities data/Reference data domain knowledge
· Results orientated, willingness to commit to delivery and take charge
· Ability to manage relationships across lines of business functions (front office, Middle office operations, technology, risk, compliance, finance)
· Ability to develop cooperative and constructive working relationships
· Team player orientation towards work relationships, strong culture awareness
· Strong analytical skills and Intellectual skills
· Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable pieces
· Ability to get to the root cause of the problem and recommend resolution alternatives
· Highly skilled in productivity tools e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Visio and project
· Experienced in creating presentations for senior management
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.