JPMorgan Chase Corporate - Finance Control Management - External Reporting Governance & Controls Issues & Errors Management - Associate in Brooklyn, New York
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
Control Management (CM) maintains a strong and consistent control environment across the firm. With Control Managers appointed for each Line of Business, Function and Region, there is a comprehensive coverage and joint accountability model with the business executive that promotes early operational risk identification and assessment, effective design and evaluation of controls and sustainable solutions to mitigate operational risk.
External Reporting Governance & Controls team resides within Finance Control Management and covers regulatory reporting initiatives such as Accountability & Attestations, Issues & Errors Management, Manual Adjustments monitoring and tracking.
Issue & Errors Management
The Issues & Errors Management team is responsible for:
· Overseeing the overall issues and errors management process including tracking of manual adjustments
· Providing training and guidance to support consistent application of the Standards and corresponding processes
· Administering External Financial Reporting Issue Tracking Tool (“ITT”), Manual Adjustments Inventory Tool (“MAIT”), including identification and implementation of enhancements, user access management and training
· Reviewing the appropriateness of issue and error documentation and approve progression of issues and errors at key stages of the lifecycle
· Maintaining manual adjustment inventory and managing the quarterly certification process
· Conducting error review meetings with the Firmwide Regulatory Reporting & Analysis (FRRA) team to assess external reporting impact and whether revisions to prior periods are required
· Producing and monitoring key metrics to facilitate Firmwide oversight and escalation where required
This role will be responsible for:
· Interacting with stakeholders across the line of businesses (LOBs) to review issues and manual adjustments impacting external reporting
· Reviewing manual adjustment details to ensure the documentation is in line with standards and appropriate for presentation at various forums
· Facilitating the quarterly certification process for manual adjustments
· Monitoring and reviewing issues & errors to ensure they are progressing through the lifecycles in line with Firmwide Key Risk Indicators (KRIs)
· Partnering with technology and Business Intelligence teams to enhance the technology platforms used for the tracking, monitoring, and reporting of manual adjustments
· Preparing presentation materials for key meetings
· Assisting with updates to standards, policies and procedures as needed
The role provides significant opportunities to partner extensively with LOBs, Corporate Finance, Risk, Oversight and Control, and Internal Audit. It will also provide exposure to senior management and external regulators.
Associatelevel or equivalent experience
Highlevel of attention to detail
Knowledgeof, or direct experience in, external reporting related processes and analyses
Abilityto execute tasks under aggressive targets, multi-task, and prioritize
Strongcommunication skills – clear, concise, and appropriate method of delivery
Flexibilityto change priorities as new situations present themselves
Proficientin Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Familiaritywith Tableau a plus
Familiaritywith the Global Finance Organization a plus
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.