JPMorgan Chase Wealth Management, Ops Alternative Investments Support Specialist, Associate in Brooklyn, New York
J.P. Morgan Asset and Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
JPMorgan Asset and Wealth Management Operations is located on the Morgan Christiana Campus in Newark, Delaware. The group is made up of roughly 100 employees performing support functions for the Front and Middle Office groups that are located in New York, NY and Columbus, Ohio. Functions in Investment Management Operations include Portfolio Services, Cash Operations, Reconciliations, Fee Billing and Reporting.
The Alternative Investments Support Specialist supports JPMorgan’s Private Bank Investor community by globally servicing the Private Bank’s suite of alternative investments (private equity funds, hedge funds, and real estate funds). Alternative Investments Support Specialists liaise directly with our internal Structuring, Investor Relations, Client Service, and Due Diligence teams as well as a wide variety of external hedge/private equity funds and their administrators.
The Private Bank’s alternative investment business continues to be one of the fastest growing segments of the Private Bank today. Over 500 employees are dedicated worldwide to support this rapidly expanding product. In the Americas, alternative investments assets-under-management are over $60 billion. Hedge fund subscription flows consistently breach the $1 billion/month mark, and private equity deals have garnered several billion dollars in new commitments over the last few years.
The candidate will be required to support all aspects of JPMorgan’s alternative investment business, including but not limited to hedge funds, private equity funds, and real estate funds. As the candidate develops and refines their skill set, they will be called upon to field questions and provide solutions for our internal Investors. This position offers an excellent learning opportunity. Candidates are encouraged to immerse themselves in the alternatives world and attend alternative investment training programs, senior leader meetings, and conferences in order to grow an extensive knowledge base for this rapidly growing product segment.
• Become a specialist in all aspects of a designated set of alternative investments.
• Provide support to the Investor community for JPMorgan’s alternative investment products.
• Manage relationships with hedge/private equity funds and fund administrators.
• Instruct subscriptions, redemptions, and transfers to hedge fund administrators.
• Support capital calls and capital distributions for private equity funds.
• Process alternative investment transaction bookings.
• Assist with the pricing and reconciliation of hedge/private equity fund positions.
• Produce ad-hoc reporting for senior management.
• Undergraduate degree.
• Understanding of sophisticated financial products.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Ability to work in an exhilarating, high-pressure environment with tight deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong business communication skills.
• Detail-oriented work ethic.
• A team player with the ability to succeed in a dynamic “trading desk” environment.
• 2-3 years experience with alternative investments and/or alternative investments operations.
• Series 99 or Series 7 certification
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.