JPMorgan Chase CIB - High Grade Sales – Analyst/Associate in Chicago, Illinois
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
As an associate in High Grade Sales you will be responsible with the day-to-day execution of all products, including but not limited to; corporate bonds, credit default swaps, credit indices, index options, index tranches. You will transact in these products across a broad range of clients (asset managers, insurance accounts, pension funds, banks, sovereign wealth funds, hedge funds etc). You will work with our partners in trading, syndicate and research to provide comprehensive client coverage, including fulfilling client requests for market updates, assisting with the execution of client orders and providing clients with market intelligence. You will be responsible for the trade execution process including trade booking, new issue order taking and general sales back-up across the desk. You will need to demonstrate proficiency in identifying market drivers and product lingo while showing a high degree of interest in learning about other products while developing a cross-product skill set. Unlike other sales roles the learning curve for this desk is demanding as it is diversified across 3 aspects: 1) product knowledge 2) client familiarity across a varied client base 3) sales acumen. The ideal candidate has a strong intellectual curiosity, a high degree of organization and attention to detail, and the ability to perform well under high pressure situations with the appropriate degree of urgency.
• 2-4 years of experience in sales, Series 7 & 63 required
• Creative problem solver with ability to perform well under pressure
• Strong understanding of fundamental credit
• Clear, logical thinker with strong qualitative abilities
• Strong team player that is detail oriented with a highly disciplined approach to process and quality control
• Ability to learn quickly, multi-task and self-manage priorities
• Experience in transacting in some of if not all of the following: corporate bonds, credit default swaps, credit indices, index options, index tranches
• Effective communication skills to interact with internal partners and clients
• Strong proficiency in Bloomberg, MarketAxess, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Diversity/Veteran
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.