JPMorgan Chase Commercial Banking - Middle Market Banking - Business Development Executive - Chicago, IL in Chicago, Illinois
Commercial Banking delivers extensive industry knowledge, local expertise and seamless global capabilities to clients—including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, real estate investors and owners, and not-for-profit organizations—with annual revenue generally ranging from $20 million to $2 billion. We offer a comprehensive set of financial products and services including credit, asset-based lending, real estate finance and treasury. We also provide clients with access to investment banking and asset management services.
Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries
Middle Market Banking & Specialized Industries (MMBSI) is a Commercial Banking business located in 101 offices across the US and Canada. MMBSI provides credit, cash management, capital markets and corporate finance advisory solutions to corporations, municipalities and not-for-profit entities via our Core Banking or Specialized Industries teams. Core Banking teams generally focus on clients with annual revenues of $20 million to $500 million. Within our Specialized Industries practice, we have experts strategically focused on serving businesses within a variety of industry segments, including, but not limited to: Agribusiness, Government, Healthcare and Technology. In MMBSI, our competitive advantages include robust international capabilities, the ability to provide clients with access to world-class investment banking solutions and our focus on industry specialization. These key differentiators, combined with our dedication to personalized service, allow us to build long-term relationships with mid-sized businesses and a wide spectrum of municipalities and not-for-profit entities.
Reporting to the Region Manager, the Business Development Executive is responsible for leading the business development efforts for Middle Market Banking in the Chicagoland market. As such, your primary role will be to help grow the business through client acquisition. This will be accomplished through delivering value to our clients and helping them achieve their goals while mutually maximizing our revenue over the life of the relationship. You will be responsible for identifying and qualifying prospects and introducing our banking team, credit staff and other product partners as appropriate. The ideal candidate is an experienced business developer who is capable of independent activity, and has excellent partnership and marketing skills. The candidate should have proven client relationship skills, extensive product knowledge and technical expertise, as well as strong transaction execution skills.
· Partner closely with Banking, Credit, Treasury and Service partners, as well as Asset Management and IB colleagues, to introduce our prospects to our product capabilities.
· Drive top line revenues while maximizing efficiency for the business, with a keen eye towards risk mitigation and compliance.
· Serve as mentor and coach to the banking team and lead the region’s prospecting activities. This may include cross-selling of existing clients when appropriate.
· Success will be measured by your effectiveness in many marketing areas, including but not limited to: calling activity, proposal generation, revenue generation, risk mitigation, ability to build successful relationships with centers of influence, and propensity to help build the franchise for the long term.
· Bachelor's degree required
· Series 63 & 79 registration required in addition to meeting FINRA continuing education requirements. (If not currently licensed – must be able to obtain within a specific time frame discussed at offer.)
· Typically a minimum of 10 years of direct client management, lending, credit support, or similar industry related experience
· Extensive knowledge of Commercial Banking products and services
· Experience in cross-selling products, and a track record of meeting or exceeding aggressive sales goals
· Formal bank credit training is preferred
· Strong business development skills; including tactical selling and negotiation
· Ability to partner well; i.e., develop and maintain positive and productive internal relationships with product partners, credit executives, senior management, client service, etc.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills - including proposal writing and public speaking
· Strong creative solution and problem solving skills
J.P Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.