JPMorgan Chase Investment Product Specialist - Chase Wealth Management - Chicago, IL in Chicago, Illinois
Chase Wealth Management – Investment Product Specialist, VP
At JP Morgan Chase, we have an obsession for helping our customers, taking care of our employees, a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, building relationships, and delivering extraordinary customer service. Using the latest banking solutions combined with cutting edge banking technology you’ll be front and center representing our brand, and problem solving to offer our customers the best solutions for their financial needs. If you are passionate about people, helping to improve the lives of our customers through financial solutions, education and advice, then join us at JP Morgan Chase.
Chase Wealth Management encompasses our Chase Private Client (CPC) and Chase Investment Services businesses. Through a dedicated team of a banker and J.P. Morgan Advisor, Chase Private Client brings our affluent clients concierge banking from Chase and access to the investment expertise from J.P. Morgan. Chase Investment Services provides investment solutions to a broad range of JP Morgan Chase customers through JP Morgan Chase Investment Advisors.
As a JP Morgan Chase employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. With a focus on customer service, you’ll put others first, do what’s right and create solutions that make lives better. We invite you to build your career on our strong foundation and help shape what’s next – for you and for us.
Overview of Role:
The Chase Wealth Management Investment Product Specialist will work in partnership with financial advisors and regional investment management to increase client engagement, client satisfaction, and improve business performance through advisor coaching.
A client that feels engaged and valued by their advisor, feels confident about next steps the advisor recommends, and feels that their interactions with an advisor are well organized and effective will be more satisfied with their relationship. A successful Investment Product Specialist will demonstrate behaviors and educate in ways that improve advisor outcomes as it relates to engaging their clients effectively. Among others, an Investment Product Specialist will provide coaching and training on Goals-Based Planning, specifically helping advisors use our software effectively, creating quality analyses for their clients, and presenting the financial plan. An Investment Product Specialist will help financial advisors plan for client conversations and be the subject matter expert for financial advisors with regard to a variety of financial planning concepts.
An Investment Product Specialist will also serve as a resource for practice management related matters including, but not limited to, executing a contact strategy, building strong branch partnerships, and segmenting a book. The Investment Product Specialist will also coach advisors how to interact effectively with their branch-based partners in order to create a branch environment that is equipped to meet client needs in all aspects of their financial life.
An Investment Product Specialist will also provide coaching on investment solutions. They will help with both new launches and how to position investment solutions relative to other strategies to help advisors explain how a set of solutions fits into a clients’ overall financial picture. An Investment Product Specialist will be able to frame investment solutions in the context of the Firm’s view and overarching market themes. Further, an Investment Product Specialist will articulate current investment views, our investment process and philosophy, and will be well-versed in our thought leadership to help Advisors articulate our view to clients and relate it to their financial objectives.
An Investment Product Specialist is considered part of the senior leadership team for their respective markets and will partner extensively with Market Directors of Wealth Management to coach advisors in an effective and sustainable way. The Investment Product Specialist will also engage with regional leadership to conduct ongoing advisor development through new advisor training, regional calls, webinars, local workshops, role play sessions and one on one coaching. The position will participate in the development of content for Advisor training and Advisor focused sales calls, and participate in regional leadership meetings and business reviews. The Investment Product Specialist will be partnered closely with their Market Director colleagues in order to deliver on these initiatives effectively, consistently, and in a scalable way.
In this role, an Investment Product Specialist should be responsive and accessible via phone and email, proactive with sending content and scheduling meetings, and ultimately be viewed as a trusted and competent point of contact on financial planning, practice management, and investment solutions related matters.
• Serve as the primary, trusted, and competent point of contact for Advisors and the leadership team on financial planning strategy, practice management, and investment solutions related matters
• Present and simplify complex financial and investment concepts for use with advisors and clients
• Focus on ongoing advisor development through new advisor training, advanced training workshops/role plays, and one to one coaching sessions both virtually and in-person
• Partner with Market Directors to deliver valuable content on market calls on a regular basis
• Increase CWM assets and revenue through increased investment sales and improved client retention/satisfaction
• Partner with Divisional Investment Managers, Regional Directors, Market Directors, Regional Business Operations Managers, and Supervisory Managers to grow investment business and increase client satisfaction through advisor coaching
• Coordinate with CWM strategy and product development teams to support managed product and brokerage sales development
• Participate in the development of content for Advisor training and participate in regional leadership meetings and business reviews
• Cultivate training materials for use with advisors and Market Directors in order to create a streamlined and consistent framework for advisor education
• 5-10 years of financial services sales experience, including investment product experience
• Proven leadership experience and ability to effectively partner with others
• Experience with financial planning concepts and goals-based planning software
• Broad knowledge base of a very wide variety of investment, capital market, and financial planning concepts
• Ability to effectively educate advisors that have a wide array of abilities, investment/capital market knowledge, and financial planning experience
• Experience with managed and brokerage account sales
• Deep investment and product knowledge and the ability to articulate complex investment ideas
• Experience with practice management related coaching, including client contact strategies, book segmentation, implementing strong business processes, and financial planning
• Exceptional written skills and strong executive communications experience
• CFP, CIMA, or CFA designation preferred, but not required.
• Series 7, 66 registration
• Organizational and project management skill; proven ability to manage multiple priorities
• Must be able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability and ability to work under pressure
• Strong presentation skills and ability to coach advisors to present effectively – namely related to the financial plan and investment solutions
• Consultative nature and personality
• Ability to travel regularly. Valid driver’s license is required.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.