JPMorgan Chase Consumer & Community Banking Wealth Management Compliance Associate - Monitoring in Columbus, Ohio
JPMorgan Chase is seeking a talented candidate to join our Consumer Banking & Wealth Management Compliance Monitoring team. Candidates will be expected to partner with management, Legal, Risk, Controls and Audit teams to provide ongoing compliance monitoring and advice on regulatory matters and compliance risk with a particular emphasis on sales practices, products and services. Candidates will be expected to be engaged in the front-end on the development and implementation of new policies, procedures, issues/action plans and training to ensure inclusion of necessary state, federal and regulatory compliance requirements as well as providing day to day support to the line of business. Candidates will be expected to identify, measure, and manage controls and compliance-related risks while monitoring and testing the adequacy of controls.
Typical Job Duties:
· Responsible for assisting with the development and execution of the Consumer Banking & Wealth Management Compliance Monitoring program;
· Track and assist line of business management with action plan and issue resolution related to regulatory impacts, including those identified as a result of Compliance Monitoring, Testing, Audits or Exams;
· Evaluate effectiveness of available metrics and enhance or design new metrics to identify trends and potential areas of concern;
· Monitor and analyze regulatory initiatives affecting the business;
· As part of the monitoring process, identify compliance risk and control gaps and communicate findings to management. Propose updates to guidelines and procedures as necessary;
· Attend meetings with line of business management and representatives, as appropriate; and,
· From time to time engage in projects as required.
5 years of consumer banking and/or wealth management regulatory compliance experience
Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability
Proven ability to oversee several tasks concurrently in an efficient and effective manner with a track record in creative and successful problem-solving
Flexible and adaptable to dynamically changing work processes and environment
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels within the organization
Advanced Excel knowledge, including use of complex formulas (Ifs, INDEX, MATCH, Pivot Tables, COUNTIF, SUMIF, VLOOKUP, nested functions)
3-5 years SQL programming experience, including experience identifying patterns in large (1m rows+) sets of data
Familiarity with statistical process control, regression analysis, probability and statistical sampling (Minitab/R experience a plus)
Experience with Enterprise Data Warehouse production environment preferred
Visual Basic experience preferred
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.