JPMorgan Chase Resiliency Engineer Lead in Columbus, Ohio
As an experienced Infrastructure Development professional, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your hands-on knowledge in system design, application development, testing and operational stability will help your team deliver high quality products. You’ll be instrumental in solving more difficult technical issues, developing integration elements, building data models, APIs, and open 3rd-party SDKs. You’ll see your ideas come to life as part of a small, success-driven team. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world to tackle big challenges.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
· BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
· Provide technical expertise throughout the software lifecycle including design, implementation and delivery.
· Understanding cloud, virtualization, APIs, and modern software languages
· Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: .NET
· Experience with developing frameworks that helps increasing developer and release velocity, improving code health and technical standards
· Advanced experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, database, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, networking, large scale software development, security software development
· Understanding or have experience with Agile and lean philosophies
· Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills with clear communication
· Ability to collaborate with different roles to achieve common goals
· Advanced Telecommunications experience in an Enterprise (preferably financial services) environment required
· Experience in application architecture and design patterns (hands on experience with Cisco / Avaya voice technologies – SONUS, UC Suite, Cloud 9, Starfish, ACANO, KANDY, etc.)
· Experience in resiliency engineering and planning needed
· Experience leading infrastructure engineering and automation teams
· Ability to rapidly build proof-of-concepts, provide demos to larger team and senior management
· Experience in building large scale, highly performance systems
· Deep understanding of the .NET stack required; experience with multithreading preferred
· Experience in building, documenting, and testing APIs
· Understanding of telephony and telephony development strongly preferred:
· Cisco Communications Manager, Cisco Bulk Administration, Multi-Services, Gateways, Cisco Unity Connection, Jabber, Cisco Presence, SME, Virtualization etc.
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.