JPMorgan Chase UX Design Lead - Branch / ATM in Columbus, Ohio
Chase is undertaking an aggressive digital transformation agenda, which builds on the success of the current mobile and online service offerings. Chase is investing in innovative ways to deepen customer engagement and profitability through the use of digital channels. The ambition is to position Chase as the undisputed leader in digital financial services and payments to enable Chase to deliver the highly personalized, real time experiences that customers increasingly expect.
UI/UX designers, business developers, graphics designers, user experience research, user strategy, project managers, copywriters and other creative professionals comprise the teams within the Digital Customer Experience Organization (dCE). These professionals are responsible for delivering unique and innovative designs and experiences across organizations, applications, products and offerings. Diverse backgrounds range across design agencies, mobile handset manufacturers, financial institutions, mobile carriers, startups and content providers.
The position: Design Lead
The Design Lead will help set the direction, vision, and methodology for a growing team in our NY studio and set the bar for quality by example, with energy and passion. This will require a strong point of view on design, hands-on creation of experiences, developing strategies for implementation within a complex ecosystem and building meaningful relationships within the organization.
A user-centric view is paramount for the role, while providing simple, fun and innovatively enriching mobile experiences for our customers. You will be working in a fast-paced environment alongside our design systems, graphics, architecture, product and engineering teams to deliver new experiences through effective artifacts (from Customer Journeys & Ecosystem Maps to Participatory Design Prototypes & Wireframes). A balanced understanding of strategy, research, interaction and visual design is a must for the role.
This leadership role requires a deep understanding of experience design for digital products and services of all kinds, sizes, shapes and contexts.
Finally, you are a customer experience advocate and leader, excited about our customer’s lives through simple, intelligent and enriching products and experiences.
• 10+ years of experience in experience design required
• Team management experience
• Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs
• Effective communication of design solutions across roles & levels
• Awareness and practical understanding of current technologies and their application and relevance to digital experiences
• Proven understanding of responsive web & mobile application design and wireframe development
• Prototyping skills across a variety of mediums and needs: on paper, in Keynote, Axure, and other digital methods
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills
• Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented, cross-functional environment
• Ability to influence others and provide thought leadership on design
• Actively listens, hears and understands what is said and not said, and with nuanced comprehension of meaning and intent
• Team work: Develops and sustains effective and cooperative working relationships with direct reports, peers, managers and other internal or external stakeholders
• Flexibility/adaptability (ability to change direction based upon team and stakeholder consensus)
• BFA or BA in related field, graduate design degree preferred
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.