JPMorgan Chase Area Manager - Business Banking in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Business Banking serves the banking needs of businesses with $.5 million to $20 million in revenue. The Area Manager function is a key role in the field organization. Business Banking is looking for an experienced manager who will lead a team of bankers in managing existing client relationships and developing new business while maintaining a focus on relationship-building, customer financial advice, client experience and risk management.
· Oversees the Business Banking marketing and sales activities of an assigned city or a market within a larger metropolitan area
· Provides leadership and support to team of bankers, providing direction, advice, counsel and support to ensure the best customer experience, sound risk management, and continued business retention and growth
· Manages team performance, holding all members accountable for achieving results using appropriate protocols and best business practices; monitors ongoing performance metrics to ensure early intervention and effective corrective action; provides insight and expertise to build buy-in and/or enhance/realign approach
· Provides expertise to team on products, deal structuring, relationship-building, and developing customized solutions through partnership with commercial, consumer, mortgage and Chase Wealth Management.
· Coaches and develops team on all aspects of managing a portfolio including relationship management, prospecting, profitability, customer experience, and risk management
· Manages the market's revenue and profitability and monitors adherence to credit quality, regulatory requirements and risk protocols
· Promotes partnership and teamwork within the team and across other functions to ensure a seamless experience for the client who has multiple products and services.
· Actively recruits, selects and hires top quality talent to ensure pipeline of diverse viable candidates
Represents bank in community leadership capacity such as Chamber of Commerce, local non-profit boards
Five or more years commercial/business banking or related business lending experience
Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field, or equivalent work experience required
Prior sales and marketing management experience preferred
Expert knowledge of business credit, deposit and cash management products and services
Strong knowledge of business credit underwriting with commercial credit training preferred
Strong communication skills with individuals at all levels, internally and externally
Ability to use reports, metrics and other data to identify trends, issues and opportunities; identifies solutions and removes roadblocks for the team; knows and utilizes available resources to resolve issues when appropriate
Ability to build collaborative relationships across the organization and influence others without direct control
Proven ability to maintain a client focus while managing risk
Ability to lead proactively through change
Active and visible in community leadership roles
Travel requirement - 50%
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.