JPMorgan Chase Applications Support Analyst in Houston, Texas
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
The CT Operate organization supports technology functions across Finance, Risk, Liquidity, Compliance, Legal, Workforce Management and Audit applications. In the role of Application Support you will be required to work closely with both technology and business units to ensure the timely analysis and resolution of issues raised on a day to day basis. You will need to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels. You will be required to adopt the standard operate framework and use the various tools for incident, risk, resiliency, change and knowledge management.
• Work on assignments with minimal direct supervision
• Provide Level 2 support to internal business users
• Prioritize workload, provide timely and accurate resolutions
• Perform in-depth research and identify sources of production issues
• Effectively perform and document root cause analysis of issues
• Identify efficiencies and ways to improve processes
• Juggle an array of tasks while demonstrating strong organization
• Provide off hours support as needed for to resolve system problems and maintenance
• Perform daily health checks of the application, job schedules and infrastructure supporting the application
• Develop scripts to automate repeatable manual tasks
• Participate in Disaster Recovery events and Major Event Changes
• Partake in audit support activities, as they pertain to Information Security, for both internal and external audits. Perform audit support tasks as assigned
• Manage the application risk to ensure the security and resiliency of the application is in compliance with firm and regulatory requirements
• Ensure infrastructure has adequate capacity and are refreshed on a periodic basis
• Maintain system documentation and provide production metrics reporting
• Engage third party suppliers on applications support issues
3-5 years of Application Development and/or Windows Server L2 Support experience. Should have knowledge of basic UNIX/Linux commands
3-5 years of Database experience (SQL server/ Oracle) with a good understanding of Stored procedures, and trouble shooting performance and data quality issues
3+ years of Production Support experience with a large Financial Institution
Experience in Job scheduling tools like Autosys, Control-M etc.
Experience in working with on shore / off shore operations / support Teams
Familiarity with DevOps.
Familiarity with Robotics/Automation.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.