JPMorgan Chase Infrastructure Developer in Houston, Texas
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of > $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
We work on the most critical problems and figure out how to add value. Our software developers are self-driven, creative problem solvers who embrace every opportunity to learn and grow as professionals. We aren't just coders writing code - we are software professionals who are passionate about software craftsmanship and delivering solutions. We use industry best practices to work with our business partners to deliver the right business value. Pair Programming, Automated Testing, Refactoring, and Continuous Delivery are deeply embedded in the way we work.
Who we are looking for:
Infrastructure developers who are independent, inventive problem solvers willing to embrace every opportunity to learn and grow as software professionals . Individuals with a strong computer science or related engineering background, who enjoy pair programming, recognize the value of end to end testing, and are willing to learn new technologies and languages. Most importantly, we look for individuals that have a passion for learning, continuous improvement, and team collaboration.
· Responsible for the design, development, testing, integration, operation and support of infrastructure services that meet stated business requirements and adhere to coding best practices and architecture standards
· Adheres to architectural design standards, risk management and security policies, data management policies, leading presentations in architecture review, strategic technology directions, best practice development (e.g., estimating models), mentoring less experienced team members, code reviews
· Supports all elements of Software Development Lifecycle
· Participates in the development of integration elements, data models, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
· Assists in the building of open 3rd-party Software Development Kits (SDKs)
· W Works as a member of a team developing software solutions
· Handles more advanced technical problems and create solutions that solve business problems
· Independently solves technical issues and able to collaborate and contribute ideas
· Integrates enterprise components (e.g., reference data, security, messaging) to build larger systems
· Fully analyzes problems, design, develop and test the code
· Collaborates with multiple teams including engineering, development and operations teams
· Prior experience in both Systems Engineering and Software Development
· Advanced knowledge in at least one of the infrastructure disciplines and functions:
o Internals of distributed Operating System (Unix/Linux, Windows,) internals
o Systems programming
o Data pipelining
o Network programming
· Experience in large scale software development in one or more of the programming languages (Python, Java, Scala)
· 4+ years of experience with Ansible, Python, Shell programming and Puppet
· 2+ years of experience in infrastructure automation using Terraform or similar. Experience writing Terraform plugins is a strong plus
· Linux Systems Administration: 7 - 8 Years -
· Enterprise scale and resiliency
· Experience in system and software security and entitlements (SSO, Windows, Kerberos, LDAP, Windows AD)
· Modern compute technologies (e.g., virtualization,cloud)
· Familiar with Agile development process and automated testing
· Experience working across large infrastructure environments and distributed across multiple data centers
· Experience in end-to-end systems automation and orchestration
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.