JPMorgan Chase Senior Java Software Engineer in Houston, Texas
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you’ll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
The Electronic Trading Technology team is responsible for creating and maintaining core libraries and services used across the server-side trading environment. This role requires experience in designing large messaging architectures and tuning for performance given very strict throughput and latency goals and facing off with global client teams.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Core Java – meaning comfort with threading and concurrency as well as advanced designs beyond the typical frameworks and web development typical of most candidates
• Well rounded – we cannot hide anyone to keep them productive; everybody has visibility and ownership, will need to manage communications across sites
• Comfort under pressure – there is constant pressure to produce on deadlines and manage issues—this is not research
• Solid basis in delivery processes and accountability
• Java high performance libraries such as OpenHFT (Chronicle) and Disruptor
• Low-level network programming in TCP/IP and UDP
• Messaging middleware such as Informatica UMS/UMP (e.g. 29West LBM/UME), Tibco Rendezvous, Aeron, or JMS brokers
• Message encoding with Google Protocol Buffers, Flatbuffers, Thrift, Avro, JSON, and/or XML
• Source control with git
• Automated testing with Junit and Cucumber
• Automated builds with Maven and Jenkins
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You’ll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.