JPMorgan Chase Java Software Engineer in Jersey City, New Jersey
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
The Data middleware engineering team is looking for great engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas to join us in building innovative financial technology that transforms the way our wealth managers meet our client's needs around the globe. We are looking for engineers that love shipping quickly, but know that automated tests, deploys and monitoring is what will let them keep shipping features into the future. Our engineers need to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be passionate to tackle new problems across the full-stack.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities including:
• Server side design, development for enterprise financial software
• Follow and promote Agile practices like SCRUM and BDD
• Use Test driven approach for software development.
• Adapt Devops model – Develop, Deploy, Document and Support
• Understand data relationships and usage
• Research new technologies, identify and learn best practice, adapt quickly and provide technical guidance to other team members
• Work with multiple globally distributed teams to deliver end-to-end solution across regions
• Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from Wealth Managers and Product Desks
• Presenting and demoing to users, stakeholders, and technology groups
• Promoting excellent user experience and system performance
• Strong computer science fundamentals such as algorithms, data structures, multithreading, object-oriented development, distributed applications, client-server architecture
o Java development fluency with excellent knowledge of Java technologies including core Java, Spring and application containers.
o Expert knowledge of XML, messaging technologies & REST based web services
o JDBC based solutions to access databases such as spring-jdbc
o Test Mocking and Junit
o Integration technologies experience such as ETL – Pentaho or Informatica
• Development skills using IntelliJ, GIT, Bit Bucket, Maven, Jenkins and UNIX scripting
• Experience with monitoring tools like Dynatrace and splunk.
• Distributed caching experience and understanding with technologies such as Gemfire.
• Good knowledge of issue tracking systems, preferably Jira
• Familiarity with Cloud based technologies like Pivotal cloud Foundry
• Strong understanding and experience with secure web protocols HTTPS/SSL/TLS
• Exposure to Atlassian tracking, collaboration and code quality tools like Jira and Confluence.
• Experience with large complex projects with distributed development teams
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’ wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co. you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.58+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry but also change the world.
At JP Morgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.