JPMorgan Chase Container Platform Integration - Infrastructure Developer in Lewisville, Texas
As an experienced Infrastructure Development professional, your love of technology will have a direct impact on the future of the business. As a senior member of a high-performance team, you’ll be immersed in all the elements of Software Development Lifecycles- design, development, integration, operation, support and testing of infrastructure services. You’ll ensure team goals are met and best practices, architectural design standards, data, risk and security management policies are adhered to. You’ll be instrumental in designing, developing and testing code, solving more difficult technical issues, developing integration elements, building data models, APIs, and open 3rd-party SDKs. You’ll see your ideas come to life as part of a small, success-driven team. And as part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global technology community, you’ll also have the ability to collaborate with peers around the world to tackle big challenges.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
Significant experience in both Systems Engineering and Software development
Proficiency in at least one of these disciplines:
Internals of distributed Operating System (Unix/Linux, Windows, Z/OS)
Experience using large scale software development in one of these languages: Java and/or Python
Experience using system and software security and entitlements such as SSO, windows, Kerberos, LDAP, Windows AD
Experience with new and emerging technologies such as cloud and virtualization
Your Core Responsibilities:
· When you are not working with platform contributors and integrators on education and on-boarding, you will be contributing code to support the development and adoption of the platform by developing configuration, optimization, documentation and support templates and playbooks for of the infrastructure components
· As part of the Navis product team you will be both a technical customer advocate and responsible for assisting peer groups including internal service providers and platform contributors in integrating or on-boarding their services onto the container platform
● Curate docker images for our Kubernetes Service Catalog
● Ensure effective integration of core foundational enterprise services such as AuthN/AuthZ, API Gateway, Logging, Monitoring & CMDB
● Create templates such as Helm Charts to deploy services onto Kubernetes
● Assist platform contributor teams with creating, testing, debugging and operating deployment pipelines
● Use the Container Service API’s and CLI’s to monitor health and performance of container platform and application deployments
● Develop APIs to provide telemetry and key statistics including health, performance, consumption and operating costs of services hosted on the platform
● Develop processes and tools to monitor services for optimal operation and performance
● Continuously improve the tooling, applications, environments, etc.
● Review and approve CR’s for submitted code (e.g. releases, bug fixes, updates/enhancements)
● Strive to reduce complexity in environment design and processes to simplify service implementation
● Communicate with working groups and contributors to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the team goals
● Work with direct and matrixed team members to evaluate products, frameworks, services and applications that support our product goals
● Participate in standups, architecture reviews and planning meetings
● Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production issues that are escalated to the
● Facilitate accelerated Kubernetes & Containerization adoption
● Leverage open technologies such as Docker, Bash, Git, Jenkins, HAProxy, ELK, Kafka, Zookeeper, and others
· Willingness to learn new technologies and be passionate about it
· A customer first mentality
· Passion for improving current processes
· A great team player
· Agile methodology
· GoLang and Python (required), Java and Node.js (desired)
· 5 years of relevant work experience, including 2 years of container-related experience.
· BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
Our Global Technology Infrastructure Group is filled with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and cost-effective approach to deliver a wide variety of high-quality products and services. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution.
You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.