JPMorgan Chase Resiliency and Automation Infrastructure Developer in Lewisville, Texas
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co, you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s largest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of over 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from traditional enterprise technology to microservices to big data and mobile solutions. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enable us to hire people to leverage and create state-of-the-art technology solutions.
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is responsible for building and managing the technology infrastructure for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery. GTI maintains one of the largest hybrid cloud infrastructures in the world and is actively involved in transforming the firms infrastructure toward a fully automated, highly available, scalable and secure platform for the future.
You will be joining an elite team that is responsible for designing, building and managing a Data Center recovery environment for the purpose of bootstrapping a data center from an immutable set of images and configuration.
Our Strategy and Solutions Architecture team is seeking a Resiliency and Automation Infrastructure Developer to help design, implement and manage the firm’s infrastructure services recovery environment where the core services and the thousands of applications that depend upon them can be reconstituted in the event of a complete data center loss.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Designing and implementing a recovery framework to bootstrap a Data Center
• Ensuring that firm wide security controls are enforced within the Data Center Recovery Environment
• Recent experience with at least one scripting or programming language (Python, Java, Perl, etc.)
• Consulting with the core Cloud and Infrastructure as a Service teams to understand their architectures, dependencies and security controls required for them to function correctly
• Develop automation for core IS (Infrastructure Services) that utilizes immutable images and configurations
• Verify on going compliance with necessary control procedures
• Effective and timely communication with partners in regard to project updates and troubleshooting progress
Hard Skills Required:
Minimum of 5 years of Infrastructure development & engineering experience (Distributed Unix, Windows, SAN, NAS and Networking)
• Minimum of 2 years of technical architecture experience
• Demonstrated knowledge of one or more private cloud based technologies (e.g. vCloud, OpenStack, Cloud Foundry)
• Experience with Agile Development methodologies and tools (e.g., JIRA, GIT, Jenkins)
• Experience implementing data-driven automation (Puppet, Ansible or equivalent)
• Strong understanding of security best practices (e.g. break-glass, change control, credential vault)
• Experience with cloud orchestration and automation (e.g. Kubernetes, Terraform)
Extra Credit Skills:
• Experience with datacenter automation / runtime automation
• Experience in a large enterprise environment desired, financial services a plus
• Strong knowledge of or certification in AWS or Azure
Soft Skills Required:
• Excellent client interfacing skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with various levels of management.
• Worked in a large complex organization
• Experience working closely with Senior App Dev and Infrastructure Services architects
• Comfortable working and influencing across many infrastructure domains
• Thought leader in main technical domain
• Credible and mature personality, with some presence
• Strong enough to hold your peers accountable in other groups/towers (in a constructive way).
• Concise communicator - able to translate detail into a concise story, getting immediately to the punch line
• Self-starter, motivated - wants to get in, roll sleeves up and make a difference
• Effective influencing skills, with groups not directly working for you
• Wants to be a change agent, make improvements. Thrives on change
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tacking big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.