JPMorgan Chase CIB – Automated Trading Strategist – Associate/VP in New York, New York
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Automated Trading Strategies (ATS) group
J.P. Morgan is a top tier liquidity provider in global FX markets offering competitive pricing across 300 currency pairs in cash and derivative products. We offer a full spectrum of currency services - from plain vanilla to exotic options; from major currencies to emerging markets. The Automated Trading Strategies (ATS) group drives systematic trading within this space and are responsible for algorithmic pricing, automated risk management and hedging, and intelligent order execution strategies.
Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
The trading strategist will work as part of the ATS front-office team on the FX floor in New York with primary focus on the FX markets of G10 and the more liquid GEM currencies. The environment is fast-paced and challenging. The individual must be responsible, independent and able to work in smooth coordination with the larger team to drive the desk's profitability.
The individual needs to work closely with the desk to drive revenue and expand the business. Apart from that, he/she is also expected to cover a wide range of responsibilities. These include designing trading and execution strategies; researching micro-patterns and trends; building, maintaining and upgrading applications & tools; supporting day-to-day operation. Some on call time will be expected.
• Create/modify/implement algorithmic orders to execute on behalf of clients as well as internal manual traders.
• Work closely with technology to develop cutting edge low latency infrastructure that meets business needs in a scalable manner.
• Derive automatic hedging solutions with risk managers to extract the best values out of our flows.
• Intelligently utilize internal and non-public sources of liquidity to minimize the impact of algorithmic order execution.
• Create generic and bespoke post-trade transaction cost analysis models and reports for evaluation algorithmic order executions.
• Create pre-trade transaction cost analysis to help clients choose algorithmic orders for appropriate execution.
• Perform statistical analysis of algorithmic order execution for internal use and to drive iterative improvements.
• Understands firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies.
• Balance potentially competing needs across clients, internal partners and the firm.
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
• Interest in market microstructures and quantitative FX trading.
• Attention to detail, adaptable and hungry to learn.
• Design and programming skills, with primary focus on Java and Python.
• Interest in applying agile development practices in a front-office trading environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as this position involves frequent interaction with different teams in the firm and lots of non-technical users.
• Demonstrable proficiency with market and product terminology.
• Ability to think strategically and creatively when faced with problems and opportunities. Eager to look for new ways of doing things and able to understand the benefits of leveraging the firm’s scale.
• Understands the different types of risk and able to discuss in detail ways of managing these risks.
• Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs.
• Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able to defend their validity and target messages to different audiences.
• Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently.
• Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent. Computer Science is preferred. Some graduate school in a technical field is preferred.
• FX markets experience and general trading concepts and terminology is useful but not essential.
• Experience of working with ECNs especially EBS, Reuters, Currenex, CME, Hotspot, etc or similar ECN’s in other asset classes.
• Direct experience of agile software methodologies.
• Must be oriented towards careful system and solution design and implementation.
• Attention to detail is essential.
• English fluency is essential
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.