JPMorgan Chase CIB - Global Research - Data Science Technical Product Manager – ED in New York, New York
The Data Science Product Manager will be responsible for leading the execution and delivery of innovative data driven products to Global Research, leveraging big data technologies, data science, machine learning and related capabilities to improve internal and client facing products. The ideal candidate will be able to think about the “big picture” strategy and it’s relation to the industry (strategy) but also have the ability to turn ideas to reality by defining, managing, building and launching of green field projects leveraging big data/data analytics technologies (product management).
From ideation and innovation to end-to-end project management; and from implementation to launch, the product manager is an integral part of the successful delivery of solutions, this may include but is not limited to the following core competencies:
- Turn strategy into reality : innovate in new product development with a big data/data analytics
- Quantitative background: strong foundation in mathematics, statistics, engineering and/or computer science. Translating quantitative models to real products. Ideally have trained machine learning models and familiar with the data science workflow; otherwise at least must have working knowledge of mechanics of modelling.
- Technical/Business acumen: Demonstrate ability to marry technical and business knowledge to drive strategy and product definition. Business experience ideally experience within the Global Research business or Financial Services.
- Communication : Experience with communicating both high level strategy and low level project updates to all levels (c-level to end user; business to technical) stakeholders both verbally and on paper with clarity of thought and logic.
- Delivery: Track record of delivering results and solutions with real measurable impact. Experience with Agile project delivery. Define requirements and define solution leveraging technical teams. Develop project plans and define project purpose, clear roles, tasks, milestones, and measures of success. Define sprint plans and serve as product manager in scrums. Ability to lead projects in a predictable manner from inception to implementation, ensuring documented change controls and tollgates are in place.
- Metrics driven : defining and measuring success at all levels and stages of a product launch. Monitor projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress and quality, managing risks / issues, and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Strategy and innovation : proven record with developing greenfield strategy’s with c-level through to analyst level business stakeholders.
Degree from top tier institutions; PhD (in STEM subject) or MBA preferable
8-10 years as a technical strategy consultant and/or product manager at a tech company or consultancy house
Implementing data reservoir strategies, overseeing data science projects
Technical skills: Hadoop/spark, ETL tools, machine learning libraries
Leadership: able to work with business stakeholders and technical data engineers and data scientists
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.