JPMorgan Chase CIB – Index Derivatives Trader – Executive Director in New York, New York
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion, over 265,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking Commercial Banking, Consumer and Community Banking.
Through collaboration, intellectual curiosity and creativity, you can accomplish extraordinary things at J.P. Morgan. Our people do outstanding work by partnering with clients and each other to generate positive change in our local and global communities every single day. We are committed to your growth and development. We offer opportunities across all of our businesses that can take you in any direction you want to go and leaders who will support you in getting there.
Index Stock Derivatives Trader
Risk manage a large portfolio of equity derivatives products (vanilla options, volatility swaps, equity swaps, fully funded notes). The primary role would be to build and develop our Index derivatives business, concentrating on a specific best-fit sector with other members of the Index Derivatives desk in order to effectively risk manage a variety of securities based on supply / demand, micro-specific news and events, as well as volatility and other quantitative metrics. The trader is expected to also work closely with Research analysts, Sector sales teams, Equity Derivatives sales teams, and Derivatives strategists in order to produce customized investment solutions to our institutional client base. This client base usually consists of banks, fund managers, pension funds, insurance companies and hedge funds. Additionally, the trader is expected to with extensively with Technology towards building trading tools, data analytics, and improve risk management systems.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Financial Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computational Finance, or a related quantitative field.
• 7-12 years trading experience. Must have experience in risk management, pricing, and facilitating client requests in index derivative products including SPX and VIX.
• Must have knowledge of differential equations, calculus and numerical methods
• Experience utilizing local volatility models, stochastic volatility models, and interest rate stochastic models to price and analyze the risk of equity and hybrid financial derivatives
• Must have experience market making, facilitating and trading Index derivative products in order to provide our institutional clients tailor-made solutions to their investment needs
• Have a basic knowledge of rates, credit, FX and commodity markets
• Must have strong economic knowledge, be able to formulate precise macro views and how these views relate to micro-specific stories within the equities market
• Must be entrepreneurial to lead open-ended projects sitting between trading, quantitative research and cutting-edge technology.
• Series 7,63,55
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.