JPMorgan Chase CIB-Treasury Services-Global Payments & FX Partnerships-VP in New York, New York
J.P. Morgan is seeking talented candidates for a position as Vice President in our Global Payments & FX Partnerships team in Treasury Services. Our focused group of professionals is composed of top performers from top payments, fintech, banking, consulting firms, and other internal JPMorgan Chase groups.
Historically, our payments business has focused primarily on moving funds around the world from our bank to other banks in other countries. However, the world is changing rapidly and there are multiple ways to send and receive money often faster than ever previously imagined. Transforming our network from a mono-line bank-to-bank model to one which is channel and payment type ubiquitous is critical to our growth plans.
The primary function is to drive the transformation of the global payments & FX network which supports our Treasury Services business. This role will support the identification, development and relationship management of new network partners around the world so that we can offer our clients new payments products and services. The Vice President will help set the strategy and priorities for new market capabilities, emerging payment types and potential network partners. The role will also make recommendations for new products and services to increase value to JPMC’s clients. This role is all about making it happen with a rigorous and laser sharp focus on execution to develop market leading capabilities. This is a high profile role which will require very careful attention to detail (e.g. owning and running approval and syndication processes) while always keeping the mission in mind (e.g. business plan tracking).
The Vice President is responsible for gathering market intelligence on new and existing capabilities including (but not limited to) electronic clearing, card, mobile and digital currency capabilities. For new providers, the Vice President will conduct structured assessments and make recommendations for partner selection. The Vice President is also responsible for pricing and service negotiations and for technical enablement, interfacing directly with partners to gather requirements.
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations, states and municipalities entrust us with their business. We offer our clients a full suite of global financial services and capabilities, providing strategic advice, raising capital, managing risk, and extending liquidity in markets around the world. Not only is our goal to help clients succeed, we are committed to contributing to orderly and well functioning markets and supporting global economic growth across our businesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Relationship Management
o Evaluate provider capabilities and recommend potential partners
o Inquire about new products/services to increase value to JPMC’s clients
o Monitor existing provider performance and create benchmarks for service levels
• Project Management
o Lead all internal syndication and approval processes
o Meet all new initiative delivery schedules / targets
o Redesign existing processes (where relevant) to create capacity so that the business plan is delivered on schedule
• Network Enablement
o Build technical capabilities required for payment processing
o Troubleshoot technical and operational issues to ensure seamless client experience
• Market Research
o Research markets to understand payment flows and market differences
o Analysis of external data e.g. ecommerce and alternative payment flows by country
o Report new opportunities and changes with go-forward recommendations
o Identify new partner opportunities and maintain Fintech prospect list
o Educate JPMC business on payment channels
o Offer in-depth explanations on complex payment systems to improve Sales’ capabilities
• 7+ years in a Payments Product, Payments Network Management, Fintech, or other relevant Strategy or Consulting role
• A track record demonstrating a high level of personal initiative, setting and achieving challenging goals, and demonstrating entrepreneurial leadership
• A bias towards action and focusing on delivering the end in mind at all times
• Outstanding presentation and communication skills
• Creative thinking and problem solving with internal and external partners
• Strong project management skills
• An outstanding ability to analyze problems and perform detailed research
• Experience in initiatives/projects to resolve diverse problem solving challenges
• Considers risk in interactions with clients/ partners and controls risks; understands the regulatory environment faced by the business and structures recommendations accordingly
• Bachelors degree or equivalent required
• Some travel will be required
• Proven track-record of partnering with banks and non-banks (including Fintechs) for the provision of payments services
• Successfully demonstrated track-record of building out new country and payment capabilities over a sustained period of time
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.