JPMorgan Chase Corporate Treasury and Chief Investment Office - Project Manager - Associate/Vice President in New York, New York
The Treasury/Chief Investment Office (T/CIO) is responsible for Firm-wide asset and liability management, including:
· Aggregating and managing the interest rate risk of the firm’s four main lines of business (LOBs), primarily through a $300 billion global investment securities portfolio.
· Managing the firm’s funding and liabilities through $250 billion in long-term debt and other funding sources, and managing nearly $400 billion of short term cash deployment activities.
· Aggregating and managing the firm’s liquidity risk, including deploying the firm's excess liquidity. Also responsible for compliance with both internal and regulatory liquidity requirements.
· Aggregating and managing the firm’s structural foreign exchange risk.
· Risk managing Mortgage Servicing Rights (MSR) on behalf of the Mortgage Bank.
· Managing the $14 billion company-sponsored retirement plan.
Because it sits at the very center of the firm, T/CIO directly influences the composition of the Firm’s balance sheet as well the activities of its four main lines of business: Asset Management (AM), Commercial Banking (CB), Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) and Consumer & Community Banking (CCB).
The execution middle office provides transaction analysis, P&L and risk, and project support to the T/CIO desks which execute transactions and manage resulting positions. Y ou will participate in the effort to ensure the business’s dynamic environment is well supported and properly controlled, and will drive projects to ensure business and regulatory requirements are met. To fully understand business drivers and support requirements, you will work closely with Portfolio Managers as well as colleagues within settlement, financial control, market risk, interest rate risk, liquidity risk, and technology.
A qualified candidate will possess a financial mindset, an appreciation for complex system flows and the controls necessary to ensure their accuracy, an aptitude for root/cause analysis, and an overriding eagerness to exhibit leadership and drive.
Key Responsibilities :
Drive process changes, as required, into the business as usual framework.Be a catalyst for change, driving successful front to back delivery of relevant project implementations.
Track and provide key operational performance metrics for senior management review.
Represent Treasury/CIO interests on key Firm-wide and business initiatives.
Own NBIA projects relevant to this space.
Track and report on project progress, develop and agree key milestones, hold stakeholders accountable for delivery, and escalate issues / challenges in a timely and coherent manner.
· In order to most effectively deliver change, keenly understand business objectives and the key infrastructure and processes which support its activity.
· Participate in the identification or development of technology to support new business flows.
· Work with end users to generate test cases and execute user acceptance testing to ensure new technology delivers and functions as expected.
· In support of business initiatives, participate in global working groups with colleagues from other disciples or other regions. Deliver substantive and meaningful contribution to group’s work product.
· Build and maintain strong business, operations and technology relationships.
· Requires 3-5 years project management experience. Must possess strong project management discipline, with a thorough understanding of project life cycles and project methodology.
· Experience in financial services and working on technology projects preferred.
· Strong interest in process improvement, automation, and system enhancement.
· Strong analytical skills to understand a diverse set of sophisticated cross-asset products and complex end-to-end work flow.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, comfort with working and partnering with people at all levels and across all functional areas (Front Office, Risk, Technology, Finance, Legal, Compliance, and Operations).
· Keen attention to detail, a strong control mindset, and a methodical approach to problem solving.
· Effective organization and communication skills.
· Ability to multi-task & prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
· MS PowerPoint proficiency.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.