JPMorgan Chase Editor/Writer - Corporate Communications in New York, New York
The Writer/Editor for Corporate Internal Communications will focus on developing firmwide news stories and content for Ink, JPMorgan Chase’s employee newspaper brand. This includes writing and editing stories for the print publication, produced 10x per year, as well as creating editorial content for the Ink desktop site and soon-to-be-launched mobile application.
The Writer/Editor must have a proven ability to write intelligent, informative copy that is clear, concise and engaging to people at all levels — from new hires to seasoned executives. The role requires a top-notch writer who insists on understanding the material they write about and has the ability to explain complex ideas clearly and succinctly. The Writer/Editor will write stories from scratch, informed by materials provided by and conversations with sources. An in-house corporate journalist, this individual should have a keen eye for pitching new stories, spotting trends and following internal “leads.”
A level of comfort in working with senior executives is required, as is strong relationship management. This individual will regularly cover and photograph company events and senior leader appearances, as well as conduct interviews with senior leaders.
To be successful in this role, the Writer/Editor should be a modern content creator – someone whose editorial experience can adapt as easily to print, as it does to digital and mobile experiences. They must have an affinity for visual communications and content management, as they will interact directly with the people and platforms that power Ink – including its print layout (InDesign) and digital content management systems for desktop and mobile.
The Writer/Editor will not only support Ink, but will be a regular contributor to other employee communications platforms and initiatives, including the corporate intranet news site Company Home and internal executive blog.
We require writing samples that demonstrate your capacity to write hard news and feature articles. There will also be a writing test for this role.
• The successful candidate will be a superb writer who shows the ability to master Ink’s tight format and informal, engaging style.
• Corporate communications and/or newsroom experience preferred
• Experience writing for omnichannel platforms.
• Interest in developing/writing original content for mobile, video a plus
• Excellent proofreader.
• Good time management skills.
• Solid interpersonal, relationship-building and collaboration skills across lines of business and geographies.
• Tact and good judgment.
• Ability to multitask.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Three to five years of writing experience; good editorial and news judgment.
• Intellectual curiosity: ability to come up to speed quickly to understand how the firm and its businesses operate in order to source stories to write, people to profile and initiatives to cover. Creative capacity to propose ideas for new ways of engaging our audience.
• Bachelor's degree in English, journalism or communications.
• Desired technical experience: HTML, Wordpress, Sharepoint.
• Adobe InDesign and Photoshop a plus.Experience with Adobe Analytics and other measurement platforms a plus
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.