JPMorgan Chase JP Morgan Chase Institute- Research Analyst for Financial Markets in New York, New York
The JPMorgan Chase Institute is a global think tank dedicated to delivering data-rich analyses and expert insights for the
public good. The mission of the JPMorgan Chase Institute is to help decision makers – policymakers, businesses, and
nonprofit leaders – appreciate the scale, granularity, diversity, and interconnectedness of the global economic system
and use better facts, real-time data, and thoughtful analysis to make smarter decisions to advance global prosperity.
Drawing on JPMorgan Chase’s unique proprietary data, expertise, and market access, the Institute develops analyses
and insights on the inner workings of the global economy, frames critical problems, and convenes stakeholders and
The JPMorgan Chase Institute seeks a Research Analyst in its New York, NY, office who will help conduct original
research on Financial Markets topics using proprietary big data within JPMorgan Chase. The ideal candidate will have a
strong background in economics and statistics; be knowledgeable about financial markets, the current economic policy
debate, and general economic trends; and have an entrepreneurial and proactive mindset.
· Work alongside research team, PhD students, and academic advisors to create cutting-edge analyses using the
Institute’s anonymized investor transactions data alone or in combination with publicly-available data.
· Draft and edit papers, slide decks, and blog posts for internal and external audiences.
· Identify promising potential topics for the Institute’s research agenda.
· Contribute to efforts to strengthen the Institute as an organization, including developing and refining protocols,
establishing strategic partnerships, and building the team.
· Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field required, Master’s degree or one-year
related job experience preferred.
· Statistical coding experience, especially experience using R, Python or SQL.
· Strong background in quantitative social sciences research and/or econometrics.
· Experience working with big data (e.g. 1,000,000 data points and more), especially administrative big data, and
big data technology (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, etc.).
· Demonstrated strong understanding of financial markets and instruments.
· Strong writing and oral communication skills.
· Ability to work in a high-performance, fast-paced environment that requires quick turn-around.
· Comfort with uncertainty and an entrepreneurial working context.
· Creativity, discretion, and a commitment to intellectual rigor.
· Must be able to take initiative to explore promising research areas and absorb and synthesize large amounts of
information and data quickly.
· Must be team-player and able to work in small, collaborative environment.
· Must have the flexibility to take on new roles and responsibilities as this initiative evolves.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.