JPMorgan Chase Portfolio Core Technology - Lead Software Engineer in New York, New York
We are looking for a strong hands-on (coding) technologist to be the engineering lead / solution architect of a team building high performing and globally distributed data-intensive application from scratch.
As a senior leader in Software Engineering, you will combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative technology. You’ll lead a highly inspired and inquisitive team of technologists who are already developing and deploying applications to the highest standards.
With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming, your team will raise their game even more, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements.
Your experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. As a constant learner and early adopter, you’re already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies; your example encourages others to follow suit.
Expertise in the Solution Design of Big Data Analytics platforms, for both near real-time intraday visualization as well as ad-hoc historical trend analysis.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing microservices in Java leveraging a framework like Lagom Framework.
You will write test cases using TDD/BDD approach with emphasis on high maintainability.
You will lead and participate in code review sessions - peer reviews and group reviews. You will provide code review sign-off for your peer’s and team member’s code.
You will demonstrate scalability of your services using mock testing frameworks and other tools.
Participate in the API design sessions and selection of design patterns that are selected for use by the team.
Technical documentation of service API (using Swagger)
Implementing logging, auditability, security, and monitoring features.
You should be able to build lightweight user interface using Angular or React.
We are building the #1 Asset Management Technology platform in the world and we need exceptional, motivated, and world-class talent to join the Portfolio Core Technology team at JP Morgan Asset Management. You must have a passion for writing and testing high quality code.
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’ wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
J.P Morgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm, with assets of $2.0 trillion, and operations in more than 100 countries. We are a leader in asset management, investment banking, private banking, treasury and securities services, and financial services for consumers, small business, and commercial banking. Our broad global platform and strength enable us to create long-lasting value for our clients. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P Morgan Chase serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional, and government clients under its J.P Morgan and Chase brands. More information about the firm is available at www.JPMorganChase.com at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
● MUST: At least a BS degree in Computer Science from a reputed university/college. MS or PhD in Computer Science preferred. Can consider non-CS degrees if there is strong relevant experience.
● MUST: Deep knowledge and expertise in Java programming - you should rate yourself 8 out of 10 or higher and be able to demonstrate during the hiring process. Any experience with .NET Framework/C# is a plus but not required.
● MUST: Experience working through entire lifecycle of at least 2 large complex application build-out (from scratch) and delivery for either a large financial organization or a top-class technology product team.
● 8-10 years of experience in the role of software engineer. Experience building a truly distributed architecture based system, especially involving large data volumes and real-time distribution will be huge plus.
● Knowledge of CI/CD, DevOps tool chain, and a test-driven approach to agile delivery is expected.
● Experience with implementing middle-tier data caching solutions (e.g. Gemfire or Apache Ignite) and/or designing/delivering messaging-based solutions (e.g. Kafka) is a plus.
● Knowledge of modern architectures based on microservices, REST APIs, NoSQL stores (e.g. Cassandra), and event-based architecture will be key.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.