JPMorgan Chase Asset Management - US Real Estate Accounting Analyst in Newark, Delaware
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits
J.P. Morgan Asset Management Global Investment Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
AM GRA Real Estate Finance-Accounting Analyst
J.P. Morgan Asset Management – Global Real Assets has more than $82 billion in assets under management and approximately 400 professionals in the U.S., Europe and Asia. With a 40-plus-year history of successful investing, J.P. Morgan Asset Management – Global Real Assets' broad capabilities provide many of the world's most sophisticated investors with a global platform of real estate, infrastructure, maritime/transport and energy strategies driven by local investment talent with disciplined investment processes consistently implemented across asset types and regions.
Role & Responsibilities
• Work as a supporting analyst on one of the open-end real estate or infrastructure fund teams. Support the month-end and quarterly pricing, financial reporting and accounting for one of those funds.
• Responsible for daily, monthly, quarterly debt mark-to-market process.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly financial and supplemental reports that consolidate asset level and fund level information. Reports are used internally by portfolio managers and senior management. Reports include information reporting and analysis on assets and funds.
• Oversight and management of payments made at the fund level, in addition to treasury maintenance (includes quarterly tax payment process).
• Coordinate with the client service and marketing team regarding responses to client questions and requests.
• Review and analyze property/asset and fund financial information. Ensure that all investments are accounted for in accordance with GRA policies and procedures as well as GAAP.
• Other fund specific responsibilities include tracking daily valuation changes, preparing and/or reviewing client statements.
Education: BA/BS in accounting.
Experience: Approximately 1-3 years of post-undergraduate experience coming from any financial service, accounting or real estate organization. Real estate experience is not required, but is highly desirable.
• Strong accounting skills are essential. Ability to prepare and analyze financial statements. Ability to create journal entries and trace them through the general ledger and ultimately to their impact on financial statements. Understand the flow of information from operations to the reporting of financial performance.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in Excel and Word.
• Well developed quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Detail oriented and organized work habits.
• Strong time management skills. Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.