JPMorgan Chase CIB Finance - Treasury Services Product Controller - Associate in Newark, Delaware
Treasury Services is part of the product suite in the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB) line-of-business. Treasury Services (TS) is one of the world's largest providers of cash management services and a top-rank, full-service provider of innovative payment, collection, liquidity management, escrow, FX and information solutions. Clients include corporations, financial services institutions, middle market companies, small businesses, governments and municipalities worldwide.
Treasury Services helps clients make and receive payments; invest or manage cash to maximize returns; and monitor and manage financial risks. The business offers clients solutions to optimize cash flows from transactions and to maximize the value of their working capital. We also help them make treasury operations, payments and collection processes more efficient, and manage their financial information and operational and settlement risks. The business operates in more than 40 countries and is the world's largest U.S. dollar clearer, processing an average of $3.2 trillion in fund transfers each day. More than 135,000 corporations, financial institutions, governments and municipalities in over 180 countries and territories entrust their cash business to J.P. Morgan.
The Associate role will have responsibility for the following aspects of North America TS Finance, including:
• Support the month end close for TS Products (e.g. Liquidity, Core Cash Management, FX, Commercial & Prepaid Card products, and Billing support), as well as providing supporting to the Legal Entity controller, to ensure accuracy of the Financials, management-based reporting, and client profitability.
• Support investigation, substantiation and prepare period on period as well as forecast vs. actual variance commentary on the balance sheet and P&L to ensure appropriate classification for regulatory, corporate and legal entity reporting
• Prepare financial reporting and analysis schedules in support of submissions to business management, Product managers and P&A
• Validate existing and develop, as needed, new MIS performance analytics and reporting to increase transparency around business performance, client profitability, expense management, etc.
• Support change projects by helping Project Management organization collect and document business requirements and to support testing of new Technology initiatives
• Understand US-based and international accounting principles to ensure proper accounting treatment and compliance with external and regulatory reporting requirements
• Understand the monthly forecast, investigate variances to actual results, escalate, investigate and resolve discrepancies, and provide variance commentary to senior management
• Acting as a subject-matter-expert supporting project/product management for various North America TS projects/initiatives
• Understand and contribute to control frameworks including risk and controls self-assessment (RCSA), SOX, and New Business Initiative Approvals, and to ensure accurate financial reporting with sensitivity for product, LOB and legal entity level accuracy
• Qualified accountant with 2 to 5 years of experience with accounting / controllership responsibilities in the financial services industry.
• Strong control focus
• Experience with Treasury Services products desirable
• Knowledge of CDGL, Paragon, Essbase, FDW, SAP and Business Objects applications is a huge plus
• Dynamic team player able to adapt to changing environment and multiple demands
• Good interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
• Enthusiastic, highly motivated and effective under tight timeframes and pressure
• Strong organizational and time management skills: able to work on multiple projects with competing deadlines
• Excellent technical skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including extensive experience of financial presentation
• Bachelor degree in Accounting or Bachelor degree in Finance combined with significant experience in a Controller role
• MBA / CPA a plus
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.