JPMorgan Chase Wealth Management, Business Process Manager, VP in Newark, Delaware
J.P. Morgan Wealth Management
Investments Middle Office – VP
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. The Asset & Wealth Management line of business serves institutional, ultra high net worth, high net worth and retail clients. With client assets of $2.6 trillion and assets under management of $1.9 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. (Assets as of June 30, 2017)
Investments Middle Office – Implementation Support (IMO) facilitates support of the Managed Platform for J.P. Morgan Wealth Management (WM). Discretionary investment offerings include multi-asset, single asset class and alternative strategies offered through individual accounts and private and registered funds. The Business uses multiple strategies and channels for implementation of its discretionary investment strategies, including mutual funds, private funds, exchange traded funds and notes, structured products and other types of instruments. The ideal Middle Office candidate will have knowledge across WM products, portfolio management methodologies, and across asset classes.
Our stakeholders, including the Portfolio Management Group (PMG) and Global Portfolio Implementation (GPI) provide centralized management of WM’s discretionary accounts around the globe. With over $300 billion in assets under management, the teams partner closely with other Solutions teams, including the Chief Investment Office, Manager Selection, Equity, Fixed Income, and Alternatives, to support strategy implementation to individual client accounts. The Investments Middle Office serves a critical role in support of these teams.
The Investments Middle Office also supports senior management in the Solutions organization to manage and execute initiatives. This highly visible role will involve working in close partnership with Solutions business leadership, client facing teams, Supervisory Management, Oversight & Control, Internal Audit, Legal, Risk, Compliance and Operations across multiple entities and jurisdictions.
The role in the Investments Middle Office Team will support the Portfolio Management Group (PMG) team, and Global Portfolio Implementation (GPI), and be based in Delaware. The role will partner closely with the Global Heads of PMG, Business Management, and other members of senior management to develop and deliver on business strategies and priorities, while also supporting the day to day operations of the business.
Key activities will include :
Support the PMG/GPI teams in all aspects of the platform ranging from strategic initiatives to day-to-day issues
Support daily inquiries, integrate content and help manage internal communications, including management of weekly management meetings, data reporting, and other day to day business administrative activities
Analyze, synthesize and interpret large amounts of data and information, drawing conclusions and making recommendations for senior management
Serve as a subject matter expert and point of contact with IMO/PMG/GPI leadership, Operations, Legal, Risk, Compliance, Audit, Technology and Business Partners
Partner with WM product development teams to assist in the launch new discretionary products
Assist with the Managed Platform strategy, and development and implementation of strategic initiatives.
Interface with the Risk, Legal and Compliance functions and the larger MSS Middle Office to help implement key initiatives and address day-to-day issues
Identify key business risks on the platform and drive resolution of mitigating controls
Support audit, regulatory and compliance deliverables; help drive specific action plans and deliverables within the Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) framework
Provide tactical team support , e.g., procedure updates, presentations and reporting for senior management
Project manage and deliver key work streams and tasks
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Highly motivated, results-oriented, client -focused
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, & relationship management skills
• Strong network delegation and follow-up skills
• Ability to synthesize information to reach logical conclusions & present findings
• Ability to evaluate & improve processes
• Strong verbal & written communication skills
• Strong systems, operational, and control analysis skills
• Demonstrated intermediate level proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• High degree of initiative, self-direction, and ability to work independently
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• 2-3 years senior business analyst experience
• Strong issue resolution/and problem solving abilities
• Ability to be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work
• Effective presentation skills
• Series 7 or 99 required within 120 days of hire (note: candidate expected to transition to a support capacity after project completion and will require a Series 7)
• Note: Project activity and schedule may require weekend work from time-to-time.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.