JPMorgan Chase Chase Merchant Services - VP;Relationship Manager Sr. in Oakland, California
JPMorgan Chase & Co . is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. JPMC serves nearly half of America’s households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: 5,300 branches, 16,000 ATMs, mobile, online and by phone. For more information, go to Chase.com.
Merchant Services is the global payment processing business for JPMorgan Chase & Co. Merchant Services is the world’s leading merchant acquirer with over $1 trillion in annual transaction volume in 2016. ChaseNet is a customized closed-loop proprietary payments platform, and Chase Pay is the firm’s new digital wallet that makes mobile transactions simple, safe and rewarding. Merchant Services is a leading provider of payment, fraud and data security for companies large and small and capable of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Responsible for developing, growing and retaining business for complex portfolio.
• Advanced proactive, consultative client support.
• Responsible for coordinating quarterly/annual client performance reviews.
• Assist in developing processes and procedures for both/either department and client enhancement.
• Understand and assess client needs, troubleshoot issues, quantify downstream impacts.
• Apply consultative influencing and selling to develop and execute strategies to deliver appropriate solutions.
• Perform what‐if analysis to explore impact of industry announcements.
•Expectations to grow portfolio's profitably through effective account management and implementation of sophisticated and often complex product strategies.
•Drive complex contract renegotiations.
•Keep management abreast of client developments.
•May interact with members of other LOBs.
•Research, champion, advocate and follow through on issues/questions.
•Make recommendations on new products and services dependent on client input and general industry observations.
•Prepare portfolio performance summaries for upper management.
•May participate in project teams representing RM function and client needs.
•May attend industry events on behalf of company prospecting new and existing clients.
Decision Making / Expected Impact
• Highly visible, interactive engagement with clients.
• May assist in setting strategy and driving execution for overall functional impact.
• Provide coaching and consultancy to team members.
• Individual portfolio growth goals.
• Typically the largest clients with highest exposure points.
• Dedicated, primary point of contact for complex, select portfolio of clients.
• In person engagement expected.
• High quality, high touch contact.
· College degree preferred, secondary degree desired.
· Generally 8+ years industry or relevant experience.
· Extensive knowledge of functional discipline with proven track record of successful relationship management experience.
· Ability to prioritize multiple initiatives.
· Extensive knowledge of product(s) and solution options.
· Extensive negotiation, selling, influencing and presentation skills.
· Typically has deep internal knowledge of platforms, technical capabilities
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.