JPMorgan Chase Merchant Services - Business Manager - Corporate Client Banking/MM Specialized Industries in Phoenix, Arizona
CMS Business Manager – Corporate Client Banking / MM Specialized Industries
Chase Merchant Services (CMS) is seeking a Vice President-level Business Manager based in New York, Dallas or Phoenix as part of the Business Management team to support the President of the CMS segment aligned with Commercial Banking and other senior members of the organization. This is a high exposure role with direct interaction with the Merchant Services and Commercial Banking senior management teams to help drive cross-LOB and cross-functional initiatives and programs. Experience in management by influence across a diverse and senior suite of stakeholders is required.
The incumbent will be responsible for supporting Sales and Relationship Management executives focused on securing and retaining relationships with corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues between $20MM - $2B. The Business Manager aligned with Corporate Client Banking and MM Specialized Industries is a focal point for delivery of value-added research, reporting, analysis and strategic planning for some of our most complex and strategic clients. The key objectives for this role and team in 2018/19 are to deepen its analysis for the business, drive the business from a profitability perspective, and enhance controls and efficiencies.
Business Management responsibilities include and are not limited to:
· Collaborating with CMS-CB leadership to define and execute a multi-year roadmap around structures, standards, processes & procedures on positioning a 200+ FTE organization for success.
· Supporting Sales and Relationship Management leads in ensuring that information on deal pipelines and client portfolios are accurately maintained and updated. Facilitate a periodic confirmation of portfolio data and reconciliation with bank partners and control functions. Identify and implement controls to improve efficiency and accuracy of existing CRM and financial databases.
· Partnering with a highly matrixed team on the development and production of analytical and operational reports and metrics to assist the business in meeting operational objectives.
· Collaborating with Finance on all forecasting and budgeting activities, including detailed portfolio and pipeline reviews to ensure accuracy and develop variance explanations.
· Analyzing qualitative and quantitative information to arrive at objective, meaningful and data-driven recommendations. Utilize information in the preparation of financial and operational reports to CMS and CB leadership.
· Developing fact-based business case assessments to identify opportunities, inform investment decisions, ensure consistency of methodology and measure progress.
· Partnering with internal stakeholders across the CB-aligned business segment and broader CMS teams including Finance, Operations, Technology, Risk, Control, Compliance, Field Strategy and Human Resources to benchmark best practices and ensure end-to-end accountability for results.
Successful candidates must be highly organized self-starters able to function effectively in a fast-paced, results oriented environment. Keen attention to detail coupled with proven experience at understanding financial concepts and analyzing financial data is mandatory. Demonstrated experience and skill at managing across functional and organizational lines is critical as the role will have interaction with many functional areas and significant exposure, accountability and responsibility.
· 5+ years of experience in operational and financial enablement at a comparable financial institution.
· Creative and critical thinker with ability to apply strong quantitative, analytic and problem solving capabilities to arrive at clear and concise conclusions.
· Capacity to quickly learn, conceptualize new ideas and support delivery of meaningful solutions.
· Energetic, self-motivated and effective under pressure - must enjoy the challenge of working autonomously within a fast-paced and demanding working environment.
· Ability to prioritize and drive efforts across various stakeholders and be able to handle multiple tasks independently with a focus on efficiency and quality.
· Good judgment, maturity and poise to enable interaction/influencing of multiple stakeholders.
· Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint/PitchPro, with strong verbal and written communication skills. Experience in production of materials for C-suite executives.
· Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree in hard or social sciences a plus.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.