JPMorgan Chase Merchant Services Client CoE Relationship Manager II-Phoenix Tower in Phoenix, Arizona
Chase is the U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. Chase serves nearly half of America’s households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: 5,300 branches, 16,000 ATMs, mobile, online and by phone. For more information, go to Chase.com.
Chase Merchant Services is the global payment processing business for JPMorgan Chase & Co. Merchant Services is the world’s leading merchant acquirer with over $1 trillion in annual transaction volume in 2016. ChaseNet is a customized closed-loop proprietary payments platform, and Chase Pay is the firm’s new digital wallet that makes mobile transactions simple, safe and rewarding. Merchant Services is a leading provider of payment, fraud and data security for companies large and small and capable of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies.
As a Client Relationship Manager, your role is to grow and retain a portfolio of Chase Merchant Services client relationships—relationships shared with the Commercial Bank (CB) banking team. As part of a 4-6-person team, you will collectively support the needs of a larger book of assigned client accounts and have direct account planning responsibilities for a couple hundred clients. You will act as a Merchant Acquiring consultant to clients, to increase revenue through value-add consultation in partnership with bank colleagues. Additionally, you will negotiate client contracts, engage in project management responsibilities, and be responsible for the accurate budgeting.
• Manage a portfolio of client relationships across team of 5 collocated RMs
• Execute client needs via written and verbal communication and controlled process
• Work with internal departments to ensure a high level of support for the client, including resolving software, hardware, contractual, and policy problems
• Account and pre-call plan for a portfolio of 250 clients, in partnership with the banking coverage team
• Deepen bank coverage relationships through regular communication cadence
• Manage client data across systems; deliver regular status reporting to measure performance and results
• Diagnose client issues, providing solutions and options and resolving with urgency
• Negotiate contracts and pricing; analyze financial consequences of chosen methods and work with clients to improve their effectiveness
• Consult on merchant acquiring products, aligning solutions to client needs
• Implement payment solutions with skill
• Identify opportunities for and improvements in systems and products
Bachelor's degree in business, consulting, marketing or other related field
5-10 years of Payments Industry experience and/or product expertise
Demonstrated ability to grow revenue and retain client relationships through effective use of relationship management and client consulting skills
Advanced virtual communication with proven track record of success working on a phone-based client management team environment and culture
Proven cross-functional partnership and resourcefulness to solve customer needs
Strong written, presentation, contract negotiation, organizational, and communication skills
Proficient with MS Office Suite with a high emphasis in Excel and other business related database programs, i.e. Salesforce
Knowledge of Merchant Acquiring industry and procedures, specifically in customer-obsessed relationship management
Portfolio management experience with account planning and proactive tactics
Strong analytical and research skills as it relates to problem solving and solutions delivery
Budgeting and/or mathematical background to support pricing and contracts negotiation
Comfortable in presenting to client decision makers and C-Level interactions
Experienced in the process and skilled in the execution of “a team-based coverage” approach for a client
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.