JPMorgan Chase Business Resiliency Project Manager in Plano, Texas
· Responsible for working with CCB Crisis Management and CCB BR Planning and Testing to understand current project requirements and timelines.
· Responsible for assisting in oversight of project managers assigned to business resiliency projects and programs. These project managers will not be direct reports but will be from the central team.
· Assists the assigned project managers with the resolution of any impediments that occur during the execution of the projects. Escalates as appropriate to the Head of Strategic Initiatives for CCB Business Resiliency.
· Responsible for determining estimated budgets and planned book for work for future projects.
· Leads programs/projects from initiation through implementation including phases such as planning, analysis, design development and implementation
· Ensures project is completed in accordance with all Risk, Architecture and other relevant firmwide guidelines. Coordinates resources (staff, equipment, vendors and consultants) across one or more projects
· Oversees budget for assigned program, monitors program progress and adjusts resources and priorities accordingly
· The individual will need to establish program governance, project requirements, priorities, schedules and reporting.
· There is a significant requirement for communication (verbal and written) in this role.
Role Expectations and Success Factors
· Issue / Risk Management: Leads up resolving issues for entire portfolio and across multiple platforms and manages risk across portfolio of projects
· Communications: Manages all portfolio communications activates through Sr Director + levels
· Business Value Delivered: Able to translate business strategy into defined projects. Strategic leader for portfolio roadmap. Responsible for continued delivery of maximum business value across the Portfolio
· Project Planning and Tracking: Develops program / project structure to address situations not addressed by standard project approaches / methodologies. May include multiple work streams with functional areas cutting across streams
· Business partner and vendor interaction: Able to work with multiple internal co-suppliers, external vendors and business partners to negotiate and influence driving technology initiatives impacting the firm.
· Manage and Support People: Responsible for oversight and guidance for team of people supporting portfolio
· Dealing with Ambiguity: Understands broad view of portfolio and provide clear direction/consistent progress towards portfolio goals in the face of conflicting priorities
· Decision-Making: Accountable for all decisions related to assigned Programs, including those which impact multiple business units
· Organizational Agility: Ability to apply organizational agility skills working with Senior Dir + and cross business units to ensure all needs met for portfolio
· Change Agent: Ability to influence up, down, left & right within a large organization to drive process & resiliency improvements.
Desired Technical and Proficient Skills
· Financial industry experience
· Communications both written and verbal
· Project Task Estimation
· Resource Scheduling
· Risk Management
· Issue Management
· SDLC methodology – proficient in Agile and waterfall
· Adherence to Standard Project Lifecycle
· In-depth understanding of technology infrastructure – data center, virtual & physical server, storage, cloud; application development – Object Oriented programming, service oriented architecture, scripting and production support
· Business partner, vendor and 3 rd party management experience
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.