JPMorgan Chase Chase Merchant Services-Executive Director, Third Party Payment Processor Oversight in Plano, Texas
Here at Chase, we focus on our customers first and foremost. Our employees are initiators, collaborators, and results oriented individuals. They have a knack for looking at the details, and finding solutions to everyday challenges. . As a Chase employee, you’ll be part of a company that makes a real difference every day for our customers, our communities and ourselves. We focus on customers’ best interests and strive to exceed expectations by listening to and anticipating their needs. Our employees are empowered to put our customers at the center of all we do, focus on doing what’s right, and create solutions that make their lives better.
Chase Merchant Services is the global payment processing business for JPMorgan Chase & Co. Merchant Services is the world’s leading merchant acquirer with over $1 trillion in annual transaction volume in 2017. ChaseNet is a customized closed-loop proprietary payments platform, and Chase Pay is the firm’s new digital wallet that makes mobile transactions simple, safe and rewarding. Merchant Services is a leading provider of payment, fraud and data security for companies large and small and capable of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies.
The AML Strategic Oversight & Analytics Group has been charged with building a long-term Third Party Payment Processor (“TP3s”) strategy and team that creates distinctive positioning and economics for our Firm. It reports to the head of the Partnerships team.
The Executive Director of Third Party Payment Processor Oversight will lead a team responsible for identifying threats and opportunities from both incumbent and emerging TP3s. The incumbent will act as the central point of contact for TP3s when it comes to intake and engagement opportunities, develop a controls focused TP3 due diligence team to perform yearly onsite visits, identify gaps and areas of opportunities with documented remediation, and properly communicate findings to executive management. This role must execute people manager responsibilities including developing talent, coaching, providing timely feedback, clearly communicate priorities, managing resources and supporting diversity. In addition, the incumbent must establish and maintain a proper control environment whereby policies, procedures and processes are understood by all associates and are consistently followed.
• Managing a team of TP3 due diligence analysts that perform onsite due diligence to assess prospective client readiness with compliance
• Complete and manage a complex set of “gap assessments” and FORCE action plans, projects to remediate existing and prospective TP3 clients to successful completion
• Make recommendations for approval of TP3 clients and strategic partners to Executive Management team (MD AML Executive as well as Merchant Services Risk and Control Committee)
• This role will act as senior most Subject Matter Expert for the Sales and RM channels to assist in the execution of the TP3 strategy, client pipeline and to respond to existing client needs
• Work with GFCC on overall AML policy, Control and Compliance initiatives
• Inform product decisions to overcome product gaps to required TP3 functionality to remain competitive
MUST have strong work experience within the Banking or Payments industry!
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
• 10+ years of experience building business and systemic processes in the areas of boarding, risk management, and transaction monitoring.
• 10+ years of experience developing controls in a Risk Management /AML Framework.
• ACAMs Certification required.
• Excellent ability to communicate and provide guidance to external client relationships in a thoughtful and strategic manner.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills required, including the ability to synthesize “the story” for executive-level audiences and adjust messages and style based on different audiences and agendas
• Robust understanding of the regulatory environment faced by the business and structures recommendations accordingly.
• Proven ability to build strong, cohesive partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, working effectively in a matrix organization
• Strong sense of prioritization and execution against critical deliverables, coupled with a sense of personal ownership for key projects / issue resolution
• A track record demonstrating a high level of personal initiative, setting and achieving challenging goals, and demonstrating entrepreneurial leadership
• Excellent and efficient skills using MS Excel and PowerPoint tools.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.