JPMorgan Chase Chase Merchant Services-Head of Pricing Strategy and Yield Management in Plano, Texas
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. JPMC serves nearly half of America’s households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. Customers can choose how and where they want to bank: 5,300 branches, 16,000 ATMs, mobile, online and by phone. For more information, go to Chase.com.
Merchant Services is the global payment acceptance and merchant acquiring business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. Merchant Services is a leading provider of payment, fraud management and data security solutions, capable of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies. The company’s proprietary platforms provide integrated commerce solutions for all major credit and debit card payments as well as mobile payments. Merchant Services has uniquely combined proven payment technology with a long legacy of merchant advocacy that creates quantifiable value for ecommerce companies. Merchant Services is also #1 in Merchant Processing Volume in the US with more than 20% market share, by The Nilson Report in April 2017. Double-digit growth year over year in processing volume is evidence of our best-in-class distribution and the advantage we have in the market place with ChaseNet and Chase Pay.
Merchant Services is establishing a new Pricing Strategy & Yield Management team to establish cutting edge pricing capabilities that will improve its ability to capture value from its industry leading products and future innovations. The Pricing Strategy & Yield Management team will report into the Head of Analytics for Merchant Services and will be closely aligned with its multi-year big data analytics strategy and roadmap.
The Head of Pricing Strategy & Yield Management has the responsibility for defining Merchant Services global pricing strategy – powered by big data analytics – and drive organizational change. The role will define the product pricing structures for the core processing products as well as new value added services and define the target price levels for Merchant Services’ three segments (Corporate & Investment Banking clients, Commercial Banking clients, Small & Medium Business clients). The role will support individual deal decision making by providing facts and recommendations, and will also surface pricing issues across the portfolio – based on analytics driven insights
The role will be supported by a team of data scientists focused on pricing analytics and will grow into a larger team over time as value is starting to realize.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
· Lead development of CMS pricing strategy and identify opportunities to substantially impact CMS performance
· Drive pricing analytics roadmap and define requirements and oversee build out of pricing data asset based on big data technology
· Lead team in framing strategic problems, executing analysis, driving to insights, and packaging findings to drive transformational change within the organization
· Create and maintain fact base on segment and merchant price structures and competitive intelligence; monitor relevant industry developments
· Define product pricing structure for a produce / merchant segment combination
· Define the recommended guardrails (target price and structure) for each merchant segment
· Define relationship pricing approach for clients with broader JPMorgan Chase relationships
· Provide independent perspective on individual deal reviews – grounded in hard facts - and act as thought partner to segment Presidents and Finance teams
· Identify re-pricing opportunities at the portfolio level
· MBA or Master’s Degree from a top-tier program
· 10-15+ years of experience in a combination of strategy development, insights development, and analytics roles;
· 10years’ experience with pricing strategy in a B2B industry, ideally in the payments industry and/or technology-enabled industries
· Management consulting skillset (impact orientation, business understanding, program management, executive presence) - ideally though experience in a top tier pricing consulting firm
· In-depth understanding of the payments value chain (merchants, brands, acquirers, networks, issuers)
· Leadership and presence to engage with the highest levels at JPMorgan Chase
· Strong management and leadership skills, including demonstrated success leading organization through significant change to achieve results
· Proven experience in building and leading teams in an advanced analytical environment
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work across functions as well as with outside parties to ensure alignment and timely implementation of initiatives
· Ability to concisely articulate complex information in both verbal and written form
· Strong aptitude for technical concepts and ideas; understanding “deep data” environments, ideally with a Merchant mindset
· High achievement orientation with ability to lead and motivate others around results
· “Hands on” when needed (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, SQL, Tableau)
· Appreciation for controlled execution and applicable regulatory requirements
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.