JPMorgan Chase Chase Merchant Services Operations-Executive Director, AML/KYC Office in Plano, Texas
Chase Merchant Services is the global payment processing business for JPMorgan Chase & Co. Chase Merchant Services is the world’s leading merchant acquirer with over $1 trillion in annual transaction volume in 2017. ChaseNet is a customized closed-loop proprietary payments platform, and Chase Pay is the firm’s new digital wallet that makes mobile transactions simple, safe and rewarding. Merchant Services is a leading provider of payment, fraud and data security for companies large and small with the capability of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies.
This position is part of the Chase Merchant Services Organization’s newly formed Operations AML/KYC Office. The incumbent will act as the central point of contact as it relates to AML/KYC activities within CMS Operations. This position will be responsible for managing a team of AML/KYC focused individuals who perform a variety of AML/KYC functions to include: Quality Control monitoring reviews which determine accuracy with internal and regulatory expectations, Operational Reporting, AML/KYC initiative and project support, remediation efforts, exam management support, etc.
Executive level experience in working closely on cross team and line of business initiatives is a key factor. The successful candidate must have strong leadership and communication skills, the ability to prioritize / manage time and a willingness to tackle new, complex and difficult challenges in a fast paced environment. In addition, this candidate must have a comprehensive understanding of AML Compliance expectations.
• Ability to act on behalf of the Managing Director as required
• Make independent decisions but discuss more complex issues with AML Senior Management
• Flexible manager who can easily and efficiently transition across topics and disciplines
• Demonstrate the ability to take the initiative while building strong influential partnerships
• Manage the reporting requirements including report generation, driving improvements in control metrics and proactively addressing personnel and systemic stress points in the end to end process
• Accountable for strategic capacity planning, caseload analysis and staffing requirements for the program
• Strong change management capabilities with experience in both tactical and strategic programs
• Provide support for regulatory requests/ exams, MRAs and Compliance/ Audit testing
• Perform a managerial review of escalations as needed
• Manage team and develop methods for team effectiveness
• Liaise with key stakeholders and subject matter experts including: Compliance, Investment Bank, Treasury Services, Consumer Bank, Technology, Legal and Internal Audit
• 10 + years financial services experience with 7+ years experience in AML/KYC compliance, AML/KYC Regulatory Operations
• Supervisory or managerial experience in an operational, investigational, or advisory capacity
• Adept to multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in high-pressure environment
• Control mindset which is evident by adherence to controls and standards
• Self-starter, capable of working under minimum supervision
• Results oriented team player
• Strong problem solving ability coupled with the ability make decisions autonomously
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of AML regulatory policies with the ability to apply and explain regulatory concepts
• Understands products, customers and expected type of activity in order to effectively identify risk and suspicious activity
• ACAMs Certification preferred
• Excellent and efficient skills using MS Excel and PowerPoint.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.