JPMorgan Chase Merchant Services - VP; Business Manager in Plano, Texas
CMS Business Manager
Chase Merchant Services (CMS) is seeking a Vice President-level Business Manager based in New York, Dallas or Phoenix as part of the Business Management team to support the President of the CMS segment aligned with Commercial Banking and other senior members of the organization. This is a high exposure role with direct interaction with the Merchant Services and Commercial Banking senior management teams to help drive cross-LOB and cross-functional initiatives and programs. Experience in management by influence across a diverse and senior suite of stakeholders is required.
The incumbent will be responsible for supporting a wide range of analysis and reporting activity across the merchant acquiring business aligned corporations, municipalities, financial institutions and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues between $20MM - $2B. We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated leader with strong execution skills.
The role demands superior critical thinking, analytical skills, presentation skills, technical abilities and flexibility. The candidate should have experience in formulating research and analysis that highlights key drivers and dependencies impacting results and the overall health of a business. The candidate should also have experience with managing creating/managing data-sets and using aggregation tools to consolidate data into meaningful views.
The key objectives for this role and team in 2018/19 are to deepen its analysis for the business, drive the business from a profitability perspective, and enhance controls and efficiencies.
Business Management responsibilities include and are not limited to:
· Collaborating with CMS-CB leadership to define and execute a multi-year roadmap around structures, standards, processes & procedures on positioning a 200+ FTE organization for success.
· Partnering with senior leaders to define metrics, deliver reporting and provide analysis across all phases of client acquisition and management.
· Analyzing operational and financial data to identify trends, summarize conclusions and implications of analysis to create senior executive presentations
· Collaborating with Finance, Reporting and Data teams to build simple, consistent and standardized processes and reporting.
· Developing fact-based business case assessments to identify opportunities, inform investment decisions, ensure consistency of methodology and measure progress.
· Partnering with internal stakeholders across the CB-aligned business segment and broader CMS teams including Finance, Operations, Technology, Risk, Control, Compliance, Field Strategy and Human Resources to benchmark best practices and ensure end-to-end accountability for results.
Successful candidates must be highly organized self-starters able to function effectively in a fast-paced, results oriented environment. Keen attention to detail coupled with proven experience at understanding financial concepts and analyzing financial data is mandatory. Demonstrated experience and skill at managing across functional and organizational lines is critical as the role will have interaction with many functional areas and significant exposure, accountability and responsibility.
· 5+ years of experience in operational and financial enablement at a comparable financial institution.
· Creative and critical thinker with ability to apply strong quantitative, analytic and problem solving capabilities to arrive at clear and concise conclusions.
· Capacity to quickly learn, conceptualize new ideas and support delivery of meaningful solutions.
· Energetic, self-motivated and effective under pressure - must enjoy the challenge of working autonomously within a fast-paced and demanding working environment.
· Ability to prioritize and drive efforts across various stakeholders and be able to handle multiple tasks independently with a focus on efficiency and quality.
· Good judgment, maturity and poise to enable interaction/influencing of multiple stakeholders.
· Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint/PitchPro, with strong verbal and written communication skills. Experience in production of materials for C-suite executives.
· Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree in hard or social sciences a plus.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.