JPMorgan Chase Cybersecurity & Technology Controls - Monitoring Specialist in Tampa, Florida
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, Cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
Your expertise in Cyber, combined with your desire to provide innovative security services, will be an asset to our Cybersecurity and Technology Controls (CTC) organization. Help deliver high-quality security solutions across all our lines of business around the world by creating, designing, implementing, and maintaining next-level technology. The work you’ll do is vital, as it will protect over $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits every day.
As an experienced professional on our CTC team, you’re equally committed to watching over our data today, as well as finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future. CTC is a worldwide organization charged with delivering technology security and controls - to all lines of business in all regions of the world in JPMorgan Chase. To do that, you’ll help lead a highly motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You’ll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You’ll take the lead on incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, all of which ladder up to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. You’ll deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. You’ll keep management, executive directors, managing directors and stakeholders in the loop, as well as managing people and budgets. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
Within CTC, the Platform Solutions Monitoring team focuses on developing frameworks and monitoring solutions to continuously drive and improve our Applications’ monitoring state via a consistently expanding portfolio of products. This function will help drive the transformation of Operations using a data driven, automation focused approach aimed at improving Operational Efficiency, thereby provide high Quality of Service to our customers.
As a Monitoring Specialist within Platform Solutions, it will be expected of you to:
• Act as lead technologist in implementing highly scalable, fault-tolerant multi-tiered enterprise class monitoring solutions
• Gather application requirements from AppDev teams and provide the strategy and direction in aligning the appropriate monitoring solutions and technologies to the applications’ need
• Participate in application / infrastructure capacity planning, trend analysis, and performance forecasting exercises and propose recommendations to meet ongoing monitoring application performance and scalability demands
• Provide strategic tool consulting to stakeholders to ensure current / future monitoring roadmaps align with application strategies
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
• Participates in Operations support / vendor team forums to drive operational stability across Monitoring application footprint
• Manage and own Application risk variables (code / component vulnerabilities, application access models, etc.) across multiple applications
• Create and maintain documentation specific to monitoring solutions, on-boarding procedures, and data mapping relationships
• Provide technical oversight to infrastructure, application, and project teams to ensure monitoring solutions are built / implemented as designed
• Provide application health monitoring tollgate analysis and review
• Create and maintain process documents, Confluence and SharePoint repositories and trackers
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent discipline
• 5+ years of Application Development and / or Solutions Engineering and Design experience specifically in the Application Monitoring, User Experience Monitoring, and Capacity Mgt related disciplines.
• Advanced to Expert knowledge in advanced environment monitoring & management tools, performance modeling tools, capacity analysis tools, and other advanced modeling and trending tools, such as:
APM tools (AppDynamics, DynaTrace, etc.)
Synthetic or User Experience tools (Apica, BSM / Topaz, Gomez / Keynote, etc.)
Splunk / Elastic Search (and other data visualization tool sets)
• Experience in designing, building, implementing, and supporting Monitoring Tool solutions.
• Broad knowledge of multiple UNIX OS platforms and Windows-based operating systems: deep understanding of supporting technologies in SAN, Backup, Middleware, Database, and surrounding infrastructure support technologies
• Expert level knowledge in Web Server technologies, such as: Apache, Java, .Net
• Experience in managing Database Technologies (SQL / Oracle) and Data modeling
• Infrastructure architecture & engineering experience, including functional and technical requirements gathering, and solution development
• Advanced written and oral communication capabilities, ability to influence and successfully interface with executive leadership
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.